Anthony O'Connor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Anthony O'Connor

Post by yeovilgull »

It looks like Anthony O'Connor will be with us on an extended loan until the end of the season.

A great boost in our fight to climb the league and a welcome extra Christmas present. Well done AK on making this happen. seems like a quality player.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

thats great news - he is class.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Brucie is correct. I also agree with him on the ticketing issue, although it's clearly the insistence of the police which is causing the problem.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Now he is here for the rest of the season I can now relax my stance about Pearce. If O'Connor was to be short term (which it looked like being) then I would have rather started Pearce because he is our player and he needed to form a partnership with Downes but now O'Connor is here for the season then I see no reason why Anthony can't continue in the side. It will only now break the continuity if he gets injured or suspended which wouldn't be Knill's fault so I'm happy with this and credit to Alan for identifying him and getting him here despite international call ups. Well done Alan. I wonder how Krystian is feeling at the moment though and have sympathy for him.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Kristian Pearce said when he signed that he turned down clubs higher up the pyramid, offering a lot more money, because he was promised to be first choice. poor chap!
The gulls are going up
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Great news - where did you get this info from yeovilgull?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

It was on the back page of the Herald when I was in the post office a few days ago. Didn't buy it though, so can't elaborate.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
yeovilgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by yeovilgull »

Richinns wrote:Great news - where did you get this info from yeovilgull?
yes , I read it on the HErald Express Online. Not confirmed yet but sounds like all parties have agreed to it so hopefully just a matter of time.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Charles Babbage created his first difference engine over 100 years ago. If people here genuinely struggle to the extent they claim with a simple ticketing system, we're going to have to conclude that Darwin was wrong.

Good news about AoC.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Should be Difference Engine, really. Wiki is your friend, but basically it's a computer. It takes two input instructions (numbers) and produces an accurate output (adds them together). It's done mechanically, with no other information required or action by the user (except to wind the main handle). Vastly complex and intricate engineering which represented quite a jump forward in our ability as a race and about 500,000,000,000,000, 000 times more complex that an all-ticket football match.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

So why is our ticketing system still stuck in the Stone Age..?? (See my posts about this on the Bristol Rovers Game thread).
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Its good news if he is as he is a quality player for us. I would also like him to play along side Pearce instead of Downes. Every time he gets the ball at his feet you no the opposition are going to get it and he is making a lot more errors these days. The only thing keeping him in the side is his scoring and if I was Pearce I would be annoyed too, he had a man of the match performance against Pompey and Knill drops him :O
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Good news that O'Connor has signed or seemingly signed, at least.

I also feel sorry for Pearce because he had been playing quite well.

I would be tempted to play three centre-halves, certainly away. It would make us harder to beat.

It is something Cyril Knowles did with Cole, Impey, Lloyd in 1988 and ten years later Kevin Hodges did the same with Gittens, Watson and Robinson. Both 3 man defences were flanked by marauding pairs of full-backs (MicNichol/Kelly) & (Gurney/Gibbs) who contributed quite a few goals to the team. Not sure if Tonge and Cruise are that, but they both do appear to have some attacking edge to their game, so it wouldn't be beyond them.