Bristol rovers game.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Bristol rovers game.

Post by Phipsy »

It's just as well this game is not on today, Monday.
Plainmoor would be like a lake. The forecast isn't too bad Xmas day and Boxing Day so should be safe.
ToffeeGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by ToffeeGull »

from memory last year, the exeter game was called off due to rain nearly a week before i think? wouldnt bank on this one going ahead
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

We've got a revamped pitch since then Toffeegull, so we hopefully will be ok
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

taxilady wrote:We've got a revamped pitch since then Toffeegull, so we hopefully will be ok
Just don't dive in the shallow end.. =D
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Taxi is [disastrously frequently] right, we've verti-drained the pitch properly (drill surprisingly deep holes in the pitch and fill them with sand to allow the water to drain away below the thick clay soil in which Plainmoor stands). That said, there's only so much that any pitch can take and, if the rain there is anything like it is here, we might well be hosting a water-polo tournament.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Phipsy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Phipsy »

At 10.am this morning 24th, it's playable.
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

I may have missed something on the official site but does anyone know what time Gulls' Nest will be opening for the Bristol match? Also is anyone aware whether popsiders will, or will not, be allowed into Gulls' Nest for this game?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Do the club actually want people to witness these 'all ticket' games? It might surprise them to know that some of us work - and getting to the ground before the game to purchase tickets is problematic. I went to the ground at 3pm today and there was nobody available to sell me one. I might just find myself something better to do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Fonda wrote:Do the club actually want people to witness these 'all ticket' games? It might surprise them to know that some of us work - and getting to the ground before the game to purchase tickets is problematic. I went to the ground at 3pm today and there was nobody available to sell me one. I might just find myself something better to do.
I am gob-smacked with this, Fonda. I got my tickets this morning only because the wife had something else to do and I was able to sneak off to Plainmoor, otherwise like you, I would have gone this afternoon, probably after 3pm. I know it's Christmas Eve, but surely the office should be staffed until at least 5 pm to allow people to get tickets after work?

You can of course order tickets online and pick them up before the game but you will be charged an extra £1 (on top of the £1 for 'policing') per ticket for using a debit or credit card. Cheers!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If you know that getting a ticket in time for a game might be problematic then you plan ahead and buy one in advance and collect or have it sent out. There really isn't an issue here.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:If you know that getting a ticket in time for a game might be problematic then you plan ahead and buy one in advance and collect or have it sent out. There really isn't an issue here.
Cheers for those thoughts Andy, but I've just told you there's an issue, so there is.

Today was the day that I knew I could swing by the ground and purchase a ticket. It was not convenient for me to do it previously, and with the club needing all the support it can get, I assumed they would be selling tickets at 3pm today - there really isn't reason not to be. No bother, I'll do something else.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

there isn't an issue,

clearly states on the club website when you can buy tickets up too at the ground, why not set yourself a deadline to decide!

or as andy points out, book then online collect on the day

there is no need to :'(
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Sunnysideup
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Sunnysideup »

It is posted on the club website that they were closing at noon, what with it being Christmas Eve and all that.
Not sure I would be in a rush to volunteer to stay at work on Christmas Eve, just on the off chance that someone wanted a ticket. I would have better things to do...
Apathy Rules...............it's ok though, nobody's that fussed about it........
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Which says it all about the club. If they don't think it's worth staying open until normal shop closing time for supporters that can't get there before that, they can't complain about attendances. The people employed by the club are paid to work - why should it need someone to. 'Volunteer' to stay!? The club shop should have been open until 5.30, like plenty of others. Why should it be different?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'm glad to hear that for many there isn't an issue. But my personal circumstances dictate that for me there is. And I'm not crying about it, I'm expressing concern about the difficulties created unecessarily.