Crowd funding

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Crowd funding

Post by hector »

Whether to pay off Knill or to raise towards a new player, or some other project. East Fife are doing it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-25199039

I do remember an early version of 'crowd funding' around the mid-80s when fans raised money to sign Steve Phillips. I remember doing a sponsored football dribble event held on the old astro pitch at Audley Park school.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think it's a cracking idea. How about also each fan being given a sponsorship form for example to collect money from friends and family for an as yet unspecified but perfectly valid fundraising event and if they can hand over say £50 minimum then they get a free ticket? I know Torquay United isn't a registered charity but I'd certainly be happy to ask around to collect at least £50 for the club if I'd get a free ticket. I get in free and the club get an extra £30 ish quid at least for nothing. It's like I've said before, incentivising the fans and giving them something back without losing out.

Would this work do you think?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

I remember Mike Bateson started a 'Player's Fund' at some stage on the premise that all donations would be used solely for purchases / wages. Seem to remember chucking my pocket money into a bucket at half time!

Problem is even if every fan gave to their maximum means it would touch the sides these days.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

The Greeks have been doing something along these lines for years.

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/arti ... 36063.aspx
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

About twenty years ago I bought £100 worth of Torquay United shares; have got bugger all for the 'investment' except for the annual statement (which they're required by law to send out to shareholders).
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

My favourite group, punk legends, "Stiff Little Fingers", have just gone through the process of funding their new albumn on pledgemusic which is growing in popularity
It took them 3 days to reach their target by pre-selling the albumn and adding value to fans by selling signed albumns, letting fans play with the band etc....makes you feel closer to the group and avoids them having to come up with funding....
sam_
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Angus MacDonald

Post by sam_ »

EddUK12 wrote:Why not just pay £20 to get in?

Trying to get people to give money for what will be seen as paying the wages of over paid sportsman is a hard one to sell.

If i invested in a crowd funded company i want something back a share of the club for example. I have invested in football clubs in the past via shares .

Nice idea and think it would benefit maybe a brand new club or ground where life time season tickets could be offered and so fans feel they are helping the club and not the staff on a short term basis
Attendances are already low! Putting the prices up will only put more people off!
We'll be back...