News you might not have heard

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Good news: Infant mortality is down..

because, despite decades of universally available contraception:

Bad news: More women are choosing to abort their inconvenient pregnancies..

Yet this kind of thing still goes on: http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/01/08/ca ... n-dumpster
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Sweden is one of those countries that gets kinda funny with blogging; what is said, who says it, and how they say it. There is even a government permit required before you can go online and express your opinions through a website. You might expect this sort of thing in a country such as North Korea. But Sweden..??

It's a modern, and increasingly prevalent, form of censorship. There is now, for example, a considerable number of legitimate websites in the UK, Europe, North America, and worldwide, which are falsely labelled as 'hate sites' as a result of the influence of ideologically motivated pressure groups and politicians. There is even a proposal in the EU to make all criticism of feminism illegal and labelled as 'hate speech'.

And when authorities begin to silence what you want to say, even legitimate criticism, whatever their excuse may be, you know something must be terribly wrong in today's society..
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Gullscorer wrote:Good news: Infant mortality is down..

because, despite decades of universally available contraception:

Bad news: More women are choosing to abort their inconvenient pregnancies..

Yet this kind of thing still goes on: http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/01/08/ca ... n-dumpster
I'm beginning to think you might genuinely be dangerous. "Inconvenient pregnancies"!? Please seek help.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote: I'm beginning to think you might genuinely be dangerous. "Inconvenient pregnancies"!? Please seek help.
Matt.
Matt, I don't always express myself as clearly as I should like, but your response is mystifying. I should have cited the source which inspired the post, but now I'm having difficulty locating it, which is typical! However, my reasons for posting, as always, were to encourage people to investigate the topic under discussion and to think about the issues. I did not have you marked down as one of those ideologues who seek to denigrate, ridicule or even censor those who disagree with them. Yet rather than present a reasoned argument or useful contribution to debate you appear to have resorted to what amounts to an 'ad hominem' attack. You are, I'm sure, an intelligent and reasonable man. So I expect better from you next time, just as I will try to improve my own posts in future.. :~D
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

If you're thinking of going to London, perhaps you should think again. It's not been widely discussed in the media, because the authorities don't want to create a panic among the general population, but over the past few years a deadly airborne disease has been making a dramatic comeback in Swaziland and other parts of Africa. Passed by a simple cough or sneeze, new multi-drug-resistant variants of TB have been travelling fast, and have been spreading in London and other major cities around the world. And there's not a thing modern medicine can do about it. People in London diagnosed with this new form of TB have been forcibly quarantined, but the disease is still spreading and cannot be stopped.

Then there are the bed bugs...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

The suicide rate among UK male prisoners is rising year on year with five prisons recording three self-inflicted deaths each, while female prisoners' suicide and self-harm attempts seem to have fallen due to safety measures introduced in 2007
Report by UK BANNED Press TV: http://stgeorgewest.blogspot.co.uk/2014 ... icide.html
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Five prisoners killed themselves three times each? No wonder the rate is going up.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

ferrarilover wrote:Five prisoners killed themselves three times each? No wonder the rate is going up.
Matt.
Eye test or an IQ test for you Matt.. :red: :~D