News you might not have heard

General chat about anything else goes here.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

On November 22, Indonesia’s new Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Dr. Pak M. Nasir, announced that the government was committed to using research from Indonesian universities by connecting those institutions with appropriate manufacturing companies. Specifically, Nasir mentioned the male contraception pill from Airlangga University.

Indofarma, Indonesia’s state-run pharmaceutical company, is now poised to start the production and distribution of a non-hormonal male fertility control drug. While that country’s government wants more clinical trials before classifying it as a drug, it may be available as soon as next year as a herbal supplement subject to much lower standards in order to be brought to market.

The drug is derived from the fortuitously named Justicia gendarussa, a plant commonly found in India and Indonesia’s Papua province, where it has historically been used by male members of a remote tribe to prevent pregnancy.

“The men in one ethnic group in the remote area of Sentani, Papua, boil the leaves with water and drink the water at least 30 minutes before sexual intercourse,” Professor Bambang Prajogo Eko Wardojo of Airlangga University told the Jakarta Post in May. Bambang, along with other scientists, has been conducting research on the plant since the mid-1980s.

The researchers have been successful in isolating the active ingredient and producing it in pill form. After several clinical studies, it was found to have a 99% rate of efficacy and very few if any side effects, which include, interestingly, an increased libido. While researchers are still perfecting the dosage, Bambang said they would eventually develop a version that can be swallowed just one hour before sex. The plant’s active ingredient disrupts three key enzymes in sperm, making them unable to penetrate the eggs during the fertilization process. “The chemical will not affect the quality or the quantity of sperm produced because it only targets the enzymes,” said Bambang.

Normal fertility is restored within three days after discontinuing the drug.

http://www.businessinsider.com/indonesi ... 14-12?IR=T
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

If there is any news that i haven't heard then i'm thoroughly grateful.

Mainstream news is all depressing and involves something negative and by cutting out watching it, listening to it and not buying newspapers i have relieved anxiety and adopted a more positive outlook.

A plane crashes. Sad obviously but surprisingly unless it is strewn all over Derbyshire there is piss all i can do about it.

Unless it directly affects me or there is summat i positive i can do about it then i'd rather not know thankyou very much.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Bird flu, swine flu and ebola are on their way.

Well unless people around Derbyshire are dropping like flies then i'll try and get on with things and not concern myself with them apart from maybe donating to an appeal fund for those in REAL danger of these things.

News.

A load of bollocks.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Sometimes I wonder whether I am the only sane person living on this rock I call home:

http://guernseypress.com/news/2014/12/3 ... ood-store/

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Why Scott?

Do you mean because she complained or because the press thought it worthy of a story?

On both counts i'd have to agree with you.

I did always think that the population of Guernsey was 2 though..................... :~D
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Why Scott?

Do you mean because she complained or because the press thought it worthy of a story?

On both counts i'd have to agree with you.

I did always think that the population of Guernsey was 2 though..................... :~D
The fact that the press thought it newsworthy is bad enough, but her complaining about something as trivial as this just takes the piss.

Honestly, stop the **** world, I want to get off!!

PS - There is a population of five - me, the mrs, my son, a stupid press reporter and that dozy bint.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:clap: :lol:

We get a lot of pointless shite up here in the Derbyshire times.

"Mr Steward was caught leaving the store with 8 packets of fish fingers inside his coat" was one line.

**** seriously.

75% of my local paper is pointless and probably aimed at pointless people. Why do i not find it interesting then? :-/ :lol: