Discord in the squad?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Discord in the squad?

Post by MidDevon »

The last 2 games in particular have got me thinking there is growing discord in the squad and this, IMO, is a major factor as to why we are not getting result, especially since Downes has been out.

Hawley in particular seems a complete loaner. I can honestly say I have not seen him talk to another Torquay player before during or after recent matches and again today....not sure as to the reason for this....but find it interesting and very worrying.

Mansell was very very quiet again on the pitch today, only shouting to blame players around him after goals or his own mistakes.....nothing, absolutely nothing, in terms of encouragement.

Poor old Nathan Craig and Elliot Benyon seem so rejected to see less able players getting starts after starts and could not be happy and then there is the Nico situation....I do not think for one moment Nico was happy to go out on loan after being dropped, that was "spin" as bad as you get from politicians that no one could seriously believe.....and of course Knill got egg on his face when having to recall immediately when Downes got injured.

Knill will continue to get my support as I think he is as good a manager as we can attract as a struggling 4th division club.....but perhaps a more open and honest approach is what's needed.

He clearly has got some pretty serious man management problems to deal with before we can expect an improvement in performance on the pitch.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sorry Mid, elements therein relating to Nico are miles wide of the mark.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

That may be your opinion, but is certainly not that of at least 1 or 2 connected with the club....
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

If you're sure...

Matt.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

Not at all....the nico situation is just what has been "indicated" to me by 1 or 2.... If you know otherwise only too happy for you to elaborate
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You've been told what happened, it's no secret that there were frank words exchanged. Sadly, any theory contrary to the official line will be wrong because this is Torquay United, not the Roswell cover-up.

Matt.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

MidDevon - I was going to post on similar lines. It isn't just me, then. I just get the sense that there is no cohesion or bonding amongst this group of players. They simply aren't playing for each other as a team. I commented after the Hartlepool game that 'pool were a poor side but they worked like hell for each other. That is not happening for us. I have no evidence to support this, but I just sense that all is not well behind the scenes at Plainmoor. Others who seem to be more in the know than most of us may well say this is nonsense and that all is sweetness and light, but I suspect Plainmoor is not a happy place this season.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper

Post by MidDevon »

Well you have sort of backed up what I said then.....re read knills statement on this and you would think nico was gagging to get away on loan.....which clearly was not the case....fact is the bigger the club the more you can spin....but this is little old Torquay, by far the smallest club our manager has managed.....and I would say he's running it a bit naively at times....
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

It's a mess my friend, knill is not a good man manager and has no personality the players don't respect him and even the players that start every week don't really bond or like him
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Not a case of sweetness and light, it's just that Nico being a petulant bastard and chucking his toys out of the pram over being dropped and demanding a loan move is accurate. No spin, no bollocks, the uncomfortable truth.

Matt.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You may well be right but Nico's request to be loaned after being left out for one game does seem distinctly odd.
As has been posted above it doesn't really look like all the players are pulling in the same direction.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

:goodpost:
ferrarilover wrote:Not a case of sweetness and light, it's just that Nico being a petulant bastard and chucking his toys out of the pram over being dropped and demanding a loan move is accurate. No spin, no bollocks, the uncomfortable truth.

Matt.
He needs a reality check he never was the quickest but he must realise now he's legs are gone but he still thinks because his shirt is on soccer am every week that he must start every game. For the last couple of years he has knicked a living !!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

supergulls wrote:It's a mess my friend, knill is not a good man manager and has no personality the players don't respect him and even the players that start every week don't really bond or like him
Ok, if that's the reason they decide to play crap. ? We'll that makes the players utter pricks. It's a sad state of affairs footballers seem to think they are god. Knill is a good honest manager, but we need unity and quick, come on manse get on gulls player and say so.
Lucy
kkkkwagon
Trialist
Trialist

Post by kkkkwagon »

Hi. As you can see i am new to the forum. I read the forum every week and see everyones opinions which is fair enough but i had to join and post with regards to kev(nico). All this nonsense people are saying that just because he got dropped he through his dummy out and asked to go out on loan is utter rubbish. This is not the case at all. I can not go into it but he has been in torquay for several years now and the last thing he would want is to leave torquay and certainly not by choice.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

It's really not.

Matt.