Torquay Fans Demographic Poll

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Which area of the country do you live?

Poll ended at 23 Sep 2013, 08:18

North West
3%
North East / Yorkshire
3%
Midlands
6%
Home Counties
10%
East Anglia / Essex
3%
The South
10%
The South West
47%
Wales
1%
Scotland
4%
Northern Ireland
No votes
Channel Islands / Isle of Man
1%
Abroad
13%

Total votes: 72

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Torquay Fans Demographic Poll

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I thought to myself that it would be interesting to create a poll on where TUFC fans are based around the country. We tend to have a large northern contingent which many I have heard before don't have a Devon accent like myself so I will also do a poll to see how many if us fans don't actually come from Torquay either. I would just like to find out that's all out of interest. Feel free to post any info too about location.

As I've started the thread then my vote is MIDLANDS and I live near Chesterfield. :'(
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I live in London but put Home COunties in lew of there not being a London option! ;-)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

PhilGull wrote:I live in London but put Home COunties in lew of there not being a London option! ;-)

Sorry Philgull! :Oops:

London completely slipped my mind mate (how ? It's bloody big enough! :lol: ). Maybe my dislike of the place is that embedded in my subconscious that I refuse to acknowledge it exists! :lol: :na:

No, you've done the right thing Phil and for nay others that may live in London just select home counties and post on here that you live in London.

Sorry all you London based Gulls for this oversight. :-/
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

South West : Sidmouth. Oi kin 'ave a Debn aksent, depens oo I be talking to; bud oi kin speak proper too, to they puir dears wot can' understand I.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Good old Newton Abbot for me Andy, down by the bottom end of Milber woods, left turn onto the back road at Plainmoor in 10 minutes, sweet. :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

i was born in paignton (south devon) and have always lived there and probably always will.(yeah i know :Oops: )
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I've ticked South West even though I consider the Bath/Wilts border as West... I personally only recognise Cornwall and Devon as being South West!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Bloggy wrote:I've ticked South West even though I consider the Bath/Wilts border as West... I personally only recognise Cornwall and Devon as being South West!!!
It is an interesting one that Bloggy. It is funny how people in different areas see other parts of the country. For example Chesterfield is in the midlands and although I consider it the south as i'm from Yorkshire it technically is. You would probably put Chesterfield in the north too even though it is the midlands. Also to many northerners anywhere like Swindon, Bristol , Gloucester, Cheletenham etc is considered the south west so I think that is why I omitted a 'west' option mate. Sorry. :-D
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

anywhere past newton abbot is north or northern! :nod:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

chunkygull wrote:anywhere past newton abbot is north or northern! :nod:

So Kingsteignton is out too? :red: ;-)
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

yep, & west of Brixham is abroad !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Is it pronounced KINGSTINTON or KINGSTAINTON?
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

As my username suggests, I live in the tropical paradise that is Leeds .. Not so tropical today mind, its a bit windy! Anyway am of t'club now for some bitter 'n' pie 'n' peas
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

AustrianAndyGull wrote: or KINGSTAINTON?

This one! :engflag:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Sunny Cambridgeshire for me. I went for East Anglia/Essex even though I'm not really in either.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"