is this the most boring summer ever??!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

is this the most boring summer ever??!!

Post by bixieupnorth »

first weekend in june and the highlight so far is martin rice signing a contract extension!!

i cant remember looking forward so much actually signing someone, every day i get home from work and log on hoping that theres gonna be some positive news on a new striker, but every day its the same!
its gotta come soon, its 5 weekends since the last season ended, how long to these people have for their summer holidays, surely they must be back and ready to discuss sorting out a new job, is this the only profession where that happens, most other jobs would sort a contract and then jet off

hopefully it'll be like buses and we'll sign 4 or 5 next week, oh and rene, hurry up, your threads are annoying me now!
still keeping the faith
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

bixieupnorth wrote: hopefully it'll be like buses and we'll sign 4 or 5 next week, oh and rene, hurry up, your threads are annoying me now!
What's wrong with his clothes?

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

:rofl:

That's actually quite funny for you Scotty lad! :lol: :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Bix, just spend every day until August the 3rd getting steamed in the Shakespeare on fine Kelham ales and don't worry about it mate. Although I have to admit to being bored by mindnumbing summer sports and the fact that everybody else seems to be doing transfer business whilst we aren't. All in good time though, all in good time. ( tomorrow please! ) :~D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

No. This isn't the most boring summer (close season) ever.
Remember when we only had Ceefax/Oracle or the local newspapers to refer to for 'up to the minute' news!
We're positively spoilt now by comparison. :)
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

ClubCall was the best

Torquay : (then in flashing red) TORQUAY SIGN PREMIER LEAGUE STAR

20minutes on the phone at £1 a minute for, torquay have signed Angus MacDonald on loan from Reading
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

royalgull wrote:ClubCall was the best

Torquay : (then in flashing red) TORQUAY SIGN PREMIER LEAGUE STAR

20minutes on the phone at £1 a minute for, torquay have signed Angus MacDonald on loan from Reading
And you'd have been expecting Gareth Bale or someone?? ;0)
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Frustrating, not boring. New manager, new make of the squad can't wait to see what sort of player Alan Knill brings in, been right busy of late however still kept half an eye on all things TUFC and nothing sigh, not worry players will be back soon so something should start happening soon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

patience chaps, things will start moving soon.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

bixieupnorth wrote:its 5 weekends since the last season ended, how long to these people have for their summer holidays, surely they must be back and ready to discuss sorting out a new job, is this the only profession where that happens, most other jobs would sort a contract and then jet off
its about the third time i've mentioned this without any comments being made, is it just be that thinks its a very strange way of running your life, you lose your job, but go away for a month before even beginning to look for a new one??!!
still keeping the faith
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Nowt as queer as folk Bix. Take Rene for example, not signed for anyone yet with 2 days remaining on his contract. Either he is supremely confident everything will fall into place or he's a complete idiot. If it were me i'd have already signed for somebody by now and then gone on holiday knowing my immediate future is secure. Weird.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

June 10 is just our deadline isn't it? Usually, pro contracts run until June 30 - pretty much standard.

Judged by his social media presence, he's on holiday anyway.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Can't understand why a lot of people are saying everyone else is doing a lot of business already. A quick look at BBC sport transfers shows that not that many deals have gone through. Patience is a virtue folks, and the ashes is coming up...
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

I think we all need to calm down in terms of player recruitment, I know we all want to see players sign so we can get excited about the season ahead, and I am guilty myself of checking the website daily in anticipation. BUT lets remember that Martin Ling was not even appointed as our manager at this time 2 years ago, and Paul Buckle had only just started his assault on our players. We more than recovered then I really do not see all the players we are supposedly missing out on.

The board acted quickly to sort out our manager situation and we all commended them for that, unfortunately it means we now do not have much to talk about during this boring period until we approach the end of June/beginning of July when the transfers will heat up.

With regards to Rene, I honestly do not know people are waiting to hear news on him. He is under no obligation to sign for anyone until he is good and ready. All he really has to do (by the 10th June) is let us know weather he intends to sign the contract we have offered him, and by the sound of things he was good enough to do that weeks ago. He could have easily strung us along keeping his options open. We know his intentions so we take his wages, add it to the budget and move on to other targets.

Players can easily go on holiday - they all have agents who know doubt are keeping them in touch with proceedings