Rene off

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
billybobgull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Rene off

Post by billybobgull »

Looks like Rene is not renewing his contract....disappointing!! :@
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/David ... z2TTJgak00
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think we all knew anyway months and months ago there was no chance of him staying, i'm not disappointed at all really, quite excited to welcome a new man in and see what the future holds.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
KentGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence's Afro

Post by KentGull »

I totally agree with you Andy.... I'm not disappointed either, he'd tailed away at the end of last season and we proved that we CAN score without him.

If he doesn't want to remain a Gull, that's his prerogative... no one man is bigger than the club and we will re-build, as we always do, and we'll unearth another gem or two along the way...

If you are going to stay Rene, sign on the dotted line now. If not, thanks for the goals, and good luck with your future career*

:scarf:

*As long as it's not at Home Park
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

I sold Rene to Hibs on Football Manager on Monday. He hasn't scored for them yet. Be warned Rene!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Well I'm gutted :(
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Don't be Louis, he's not that good really. I'd be gutted if there was nobody out there who could replicate his relative success with us but there are shedloads of players who can and more. It's finding them that''s the problem and Knill has my unwavered faith that he can do just that. Rene is certainly no David Graham and will probably struggle at a bigger club IMO.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Disappointing but expected him to leave. He made it pretty clear on Twitter that we needed to increase our offer for him to stay. Money we don't have. Oh well, like i said, as long as it's not Pompey or Plymouth it doesn't bother too much.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I'm not bothered, we will bring in another striker who misses less games than him. I can see us scoring more goals- spread more across the team next season too.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:Don't be Louis, he's not that good really. I'd be gutted if there was nobody out there who could replicate his relative success with us but there are shedloads of players who can and more. It's finding them that''s the problem and Knill has my unwavered faith that he can do just that. Rene is certainly no David Graham and will probably struggle at a bigger club IMO.
A fair summary. Our most talented player, but that's a bit like being the nicest house in Accrington.

If his heart is no longer at Plainmoor, the rest of him may as well leave too.

Onwards and upwards, as Yellow4life says, let's look forward to a quality team being built, with goals shared around.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

yep, thanks for the memories rene, great player on his day, some great goals scored, sorry to see him leaving as he will score goals in a decent team and i think alan knill would have built around him and he would have scored more goals, oh well hope the grass is greener on the other side mate. money talks these days no loyalty anymore those days have gone im sad to say. :(
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Yeah, Bye Rene. To be honest I'm not that bothered if he goes. If a player is only intrested in the money then he can b****r off. We want players who are loyal and WANT to play for our club, like Manse and Nicho. I have no objections to players moving to try and better their careers (Bobby O, Benners, Mark E) but you only have to look at Rene's moves, to get an idea of his non commitment to teams. He has been at 10 clubs in 10 years. 6 of the 10 he was only on loan, and he's only 26.

Lets get some new fresh blood in. IMHO I don't think Rene will be that much of a miss.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

diamondgirl wrote:Yeah, Bye Rene. To be honest I'm not that bothered if he goes. If a player is only intrested in the money then he can b****r off. We want players who are loyal and WANT to play for our club, like Manse and Nicho. I have no objections to players moving to try and better their careers (Bobby O, Benners, Mark E) but you only have to look at Rene's moves, to get an idea of his non commitment to teams. He has been at 10 clubs in 10 years. 6 of the 10 he was only on loan, and he's only 26.

Lets get some new fresh blood in. IMHO I don't think Rene will be that much of a miss.
quite right my sweet lady.

i say if he wants to go, then bo**ocks to him.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Put very succinctly Chris and in true Yorkshire fashion. :lol:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

In the words of "Left Banke" and "The Four Tops"....Just walk away Rene(e)......

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Again his twitter says "i can go where i like, it's upto Torquay to show me they really want me". This actually translates to "I've scored 16 goals last season and now I think I am a great player and I deserve to be paid as much as I can get and if Torquay want me they'll pay it otherwise I'll go to whoever will pay it". No-one would hold me to ransom like this and as we all know there is no loyalty in football - I'm just surprised he hasn't signed for anyone yet - as there have been offers. Very strange.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!