Could get interesting .....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Could get interesting .....

Post by CP Gull »

...... swsportsnews MARTIN LING set to be @TonyHusbandBBC's studio guest on last Late Kick Off @LKO_S_W of this season's series tonight, BBC1, 23:35 #tufc =Z
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Hmmm, I did wonder when Ling might come out with his version of events. In some ways I was kind of hoping he might have reached a deal with the club (which would have been tied in with any pay out) that he would be limited in what he could say - as I believe was the case when PB was sacked by Rovers. You would assume he wouldn't come on tv without some sort of agenda - don't get me wrong I'm interested to hear what he's got to say - I just hope this won't get messy for the club and provide an unwanted distraction when we need to move on. Having had months of silence I will be keen to hear his reasons for the long period of absence.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Taunton Gull, I agree. And we now have a case of the boot being on the other foot. Be interesting to see if TUFC are asked for a statement and if they gave one...............I hear lawyers sharpening their pencils and checking their hourly rates !!!!!!!!!!!!
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

For sure, I wonder if a lot of this will centre around ML's idea that he was assured he would be returning to work only to then be sacked. If so it could get ugly :(
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Im assuming that the fact that he has said he will appear, he will lay it all out as he sees it. And being public of course he MUST tell the truth. Wonder if the Board are sitting comfortably ????
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

Well if you're on a one year rolling contract & you don't want to leave your place of employment & your employers want to replace you, I guess the only other way for them to achieve that would be to shoot you. This way , you get a year's pay. I know which I'd prefer........
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Martin Ling live on TV tonight at 2235 BBC 1
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Apologies 23.35pm
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Manager sacked following vote of confidence shocker. Come on people, it's not the first or last timea manager has been sacked after being given assurances their job is safe. It's the nature of the job!

If Martin Ling goes on tv to dish the dirt on my club, then I'm afraid he will have destroyed any support he may have had. There are some things best left alone and this smacks of sour grapes.

If he tells all and then keeps quiet about the real reason he has been on sick leave then that is not on. Double standards.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I think that some of the supporters' opinions may come into play if Mr Ling dishes dirt. They, or indeed, the Club itself, may demand the right to reply! I didn't think that this situation was especially newsworthy either.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

If Ling feels he got shafted then he has every right to speak up.
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

I don't think he'll say anything too controversial (or if he does it'll be edited out). He's probably on for the same reason Carl Fletcher has been recently, to offer an opinion about other teams and (possibly) put his face out there for any teams looking for a manager. As Torquay haven't played this week he can easily be steered onto the Championship and the League 1 and 2 playoffs.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I very much doubt he'll be 'airing dirty laundry'. If he wants to get back into management soon, he'll not want to portray himself as a difficult customer. Any dispute between him and the club should be kept behind closed doors.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

God no, can't they put the f*cking voice on or some trivial documentary about cutlery? Anything but that!!

What's he going to say exactly?

Not that i'm in the slightest bit interested. If he reveals his burning regret that he should have tried winning away football matches and how it is eating away inside of him then i might watch and have a bit of sympathy football wise for the bloke but as it is, i'd rather watch my own ankle gradually swell during a severe gout attack that him.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

dont fancy it then ???? snooker is on bbc2