Thank You Board

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Thank You Board

Post by taunton_gull »

I would just like to register my appreciation to the board for taking the decision. They have quite rightly taken stick for their share of the poor decision making this season, but unlike previous regimes I know their heart's in the right place and they want what is best for Torquay United. It's good to see they are in touch with the fans, I hope we are backed in as strong numbers as we can muster next season - the club deserves it. We can forget about this terrible season and look forward to better things. UTG!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i will second that :)
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

I echo your appreciation taunton_gull, I think this was needed and applaud them on the timing as well, we need to comfirm Knill as manager this week (given that he wants to move down there) and then he can prepare for next season .. Some stability is needed now for a full summer of hard work from everyone involved to ensure next season is nothing like this one .. Time to move on now.
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I said on another thread apologies to SImon Baker who has conducted himself very well of late.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The correct decision for the club and us fans and done swiftly although the manner of the sacking was dispicable, still well done for the decision board and thank you.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Andy, don't believe it's true cos Ling has said it. If he had been concerned about the truth being known he would have kept the fans informed and probably not lost his job.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:The correct decision for the club and us fans and done swiftly although the manner of the sacking was dispicable, still well done for the decision board and thank you.
I completely disagree that its dispicible, some people just love to knock the club. If the decision had been 100% made, then why make him travel all the way to Torquay to be told. If they had, people would be moaning that they could have saved him the travel by phoning.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

coley wrote:Andy, don't believe it's true cos Ling has said it. If he had been concerned about the truth being known he would have kept the fans informed and probably not lost his job.
What??!!

Why does he have to come out and keep us updated with how ill he is?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Scott, I've never before questioned your strange logic. There is a difference between common sense, ethics, attitude, and 'my rights'.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It's not strange logic - I just don't understand why an ill man needs to come out and keep us updated with how he is doing....and how doing that could have kept him in a job.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

In Scott's defence, I often don't know what is wrong with someone who I work with, let alone when you're effectively a customer.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Andy Candy is an HR expert don't forget and also,in his new role of Chief Executive ,has been doing what a Chief Executive should do-listen to the customers. Andy has been viewing all the Fans' Forums constantly recently,as well as listening to supporters views at matches etc.I'm sure he will have reflected those views back to the Board and have been telling them that a consensus was emerging against Ling being offered a new contract.
There's been a big difference on the pitch recently and I'm sure training sessions have improved with Knill and Brass taking them. No doubt this would have been taken into account as well.
A difficult,but correct decision,in my view.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Cos that's part of looking after yourself and your job, his absence and lack of updates lost him a lot of support...However if he was that ill, he has made a remarkable recovery, at the right time....He can't just come back (I'm here) after months of silence and expect to carry on...Forget his rights, he did not secure his position.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Kernowgull wrote:

I completely disagree that its dispicible, some people just love to knock the club. If the decision had been 100% made, then why make him travel all the way to Torquay to be told. If they had, people would be moaning that they could have saved him the travel by phoning.

^This^

Far, far worse to force the guy to drive down from Hertfordshire only to be told he's out of a job. This is one occasion when doing it by phone was right.
TUST member 203
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Well it looks like times have changed then. I didn't know he was in Hertfordshire so i guess if Lingy has no problem with it being done by phone then fair enough. I'm not going go into semantics so i'll keep my mouth shut ( or fingers to myself ) about it from now on.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.