Next Weekend

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Next Weekend

Post by CP Gull »

Anyone started to be reminded of that awful time in League 1 at Colchester when a combination of results sent us down?

Anyway, these are the KEY fixtures next week, I have left out Aldershot's fixture as they can't catch us whatever happens.

The only set of results that would see us down is as follows.....

Wimbledon v Fleetwood HOME WIN
D & R v York DRAW (any other outcome would see one or other finish below us, should we lose)
Northampton v Barnet AWAY WIN (a draw for Barnet could be enough, but only if we lose by FOUR!)
Rochdale v Plymouth DRAW or AWAY WIN even a narrow defeat for Argyle might see them
finish above us if we suffered a heavy defeat

All this assumes we LOSE, as we know, quite simply a DRAW will guarantee our safety!

The way results went today, anything can happen and probably will. In many ways I think the D&R v York game may turn out to be the key one ....
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Very happy to be in that position knowing a point will be enough and even if we lose we'll probably be safe - and glad to have a ticket for the game - now to book the train.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

Havnt got a ticket yet...............
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

In essence CP, what you are saying is that it's tighter than a knats chuff at the bottom and we simply have to win or draw to be certain of League two football next season.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Hi Scott, now it's ME that's saying to you 'We ain't going down'...I think most people know that but want to keep the excitement going !
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is Chris on that day there was only 2 teams standing between us and relegation, this time it's 5 teams, if Barnet/Wimbledon win, Plymouth win/draw, and the York/ Dagenham game finished as draw and we lose I will consider us the most unlucky team in the history of all football in all countries that play football combined, because that is the only we can be relegated.
Formerly known as forevertufc
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Northampton, Fleetwood & Rochdale all have nothing significant to play for, so could well all lose.
Which needs us relying on York v Dagenham to be a draw or us getting a point.
I don't think it's over yet - at least I'll be able to watch with Torquay fans, unlike Colchester where had to keep quiet for risk of being chucked out home stand.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

If we lose and York/ Dagenham draw would be relegated if all other results went against us, we need one team to win that game.

Go thing about is they can't set out play for a draw as Dagenham would risk going down.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

coley wrote:Hi Scott, now it's ME that's saying to you 'We ain't going down'...I think most people know that but want to keep the excitement going !
I'm still totally confident we will be in League Two next season - and I've been confident of this ALL season....as I said in another thread, the results today simply mean my gloating is on hold for another week.

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

We should be okay, but ...... a draw next Saturday would mean we're definitely okay. But please Messrs Knill, Brass & Taylor and the lads, don't put us fans through the wringer by playing for a draw. Go out to WIN as we did against Barnet.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

standupsitdown wrote:Northampton, Fleetwood & Rochdale all have nothing significant to play for, so could well all lose.
I don't think it's over yet - at least I'll be able to watch with Torquay fans, unlike Colchester where had to keep quiet for risk of being chucked out home stand.
Northampton do have something significant to play for. A win could see them move up to a position where they are at home for the second leg of the play-off semi-final. A draw would not be enough for them.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Also, Northamptons form has stuttered the last couple of weeks. They will probably be looking to take some good form into the playoffs, and play for the win.

At least things are in our hands - screw the rest of the teams, lets go out there and take care of things ourselves.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Jeff wrote:Also, Northamptons form has stuttered the last couple of weeks. They will probably be looking to take some good form into the playoffs, and play for the win.

At least things are in our hands - screw the rest of the teams, lets go out there and take care of things ourselves.
exactly jeff. there endof the lesson.

i say bo**ocks to the other teams! concentrate on our own game.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

standupsitdown wrote:Northampton, Fleetwood & Rochdale all have nothing significant to play for, so could well all lose.
thats what we dont want!

we need either to win - preferably york.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

o totaly agree with you on that one super
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843