Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Torquay United v Bradford City - 1/4/13

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Sorry all but i'm going to be without the use of a computer this weekend so won't be able to do a thread, well i will but this is it. :'(

Really sorry to let you all down but with the Bradford game coming so soon and me busy this weekend i haven't got the time to put it for this game. I'll be back for the Gillingham one though :clap: .

I think this will be a 1-1 draw.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Oh and if any of you are thinking this maybe an April Fool, it's not. I simply haven't got time. Sorry all.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Preview up on the main site. I also think a 1-1 draw!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Play with the same fight as we have been and i think we can get at least a draw out of this game!

3 points would cushion a defeat that is likely against Gilingham
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

The relegation battle is so hard to predict this season, it all depends on how mant unexpected points are 'nicked'. We probably will only draw against Bradford but must also look at taking something from Gillingham. It would have been nice to survive on our own success but I think we are beyond that. So I'm hoping others fail and will be following each result...From the remaining games, on paper we should survive.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Disagree - games against Bradford,Barnet,Morecambe and Bristol Rovers can all be described as "winnable".
Four points from our last five games looks achievable - still think that our forward line will score goals in these games.
The key game which will define our season is Mondays game though - win and 49 points, well that looks like we are going to stay up.
Lose it with a trip to Gillingham to follow and we will still have plenty of work to do.
There is no way we are relying on other teams at the moment.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Sorry Brucie, but I have always disagreed that 50 points will do the trick especially this season. York are the only side that you could say will continue to struggle. I've worked out that 52 points will give us safety. There is a lot of differance between what is winable and what we actually win. I agree that Monday's game is so important but we will still need others to fail...
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Hopefully Bristol take care of York today, especially with Argyle beating Exeter. :}
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

As I said (above) we need the others to fail as we can't rely only on our own results. Argyle pick up 2 unexpected points now there's nothing between us.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

With of course a game in hand. If York win todayit will be a disaster
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Full time in the Plymouth match, c'mon Rovers!
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Another point closer for York. Sorry but I can't see us winning our way out of this. We will just have to match what York and Aldershot do for the final games.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

All we have to do now is match York and Aldershot. If we can win our 3 home games I think we'll be OK. Our goal difference at this stage is also acting like an extra point right now. Have to make the most of our home games.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Massive match win it and my opinion we will be safe, 49 pts with our G/D will be enough, I say that because.

York have to play Northampton and Dagenham away, and Plymouth, Stanley and Southend at home, can we really see them getting 10 pts from those games, I can not.

Aldershot have to play, Vale and Wycombe away, and Oxford, Southend and Dagenham home, can we see them getting 11pts from those games, maybe, but highly doubt it.

Barnet have to play Wimbledon, us and Northampton away, and Chesterfield and Wycombe home, they could get 7 pts from those games, however some real though games in there.

As said we have 3 home games left if we fail to get atleast 4 pts then relegation will be deserved, I think we will get those pts.
Formerly known as forevertufc