Alan Knill - CONFIRMED

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Alan Knill - CONFIRMED

Post by hector »

...think I would prefer Shaun Taylor :'(

Mod edit: Changed title (Nick)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ANYONE IS BETTER THAN TAYLOR AT THE MOMENT. LOUIS SPENCE IS BETTER THAN TAYLOR AT THE MOMENT, AT THE VERY LEAST HE HAS ENERGY AND IS VERY FORWARD.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

has this been confirmed?
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

His record is not the best, but like I said I don't cares who's in charge as long as we stay up. A new guy with fresh ideas can watch the players train and hopefully play there in the right place haha

Still not confirmed though
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

yellowsmiffy wrote:Goofy looking chap with a traingular looking head, and about as dull and moribund a person as you could imagine!?? What has made you say this?

:rofl:

Random, love it! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

yellowsmiffy wrote:What's more random Andy is that Alan Knill had an accident on his bicycle with a squirrel. Afterwards he claimed that it had changed his perspective on life because he could have died! He's had mixed results with relegations and promotions...

I like the bloke, sounds like we could get on.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

austrianandygull wrote:ANYONE IS BETTER THAN TAYLOR AT THE MOMENT. LOUIS SPENCE IS BETTER THAN TAYLOR AT THE MOMENT, AT THE VERY LEAST HE HAS ENERGY AND IS VERY FORWARD.

Indeed. My point was that Knill has such a bad record that even Taylor makes him look good.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Forgive me hector, i'm a bit slow sometimes mate. :-/ :-D
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Anyway, his surname is all too familiar at the club at the moment so he can p*ss off! :~D
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

austrianandygull wrote:Anyway, his surname is all too familiar at the club at the moment so he can p*ss off! :~D

Indeed, perhaps a match made in heaven! Or hell!
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Well, it looks like if this will be the case and we are stuck with another Central Defender expert to the end of the season. You have to suspect Shaun Taylor had a say in this appointment. :'(

Do I think he will keep us up, yes I do. The football won't be pretty, and I am quite relieved that I am nearer the back of The Bench because it will be kick and run, that is for sure......and I should see a lot of the ball at eye level. :aww:

Having said that our midfield has been shocking and if no manager has the guts to drop Mansell and Lathorpe (Mansell should never have got his place back following the Southend game) then we should do everything in our power to keep them out the game by making sure the ball sails over their heads before they have the chance to give it away 20 times a game.

I say that in some jest of course, but long balls up to (any 2 from) Howe, Benyon and Jarvis bypassing that midfield and that crap pitch could just be what we need.

All I care about now is getting the 13 points we need and I think it's a good move for the club. Roll on Saturday.

What I would say is by all means have a go at the appointment but at least give him a chance to get things going, he did wonders at Bury on no budget and after falling out with Rotherham could be putting himself in the Shop Window again, so he too has an awful lot to gain.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

copied from a football rumours website-

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/TorquayUnited.php

19 Feb 2013 18:49:30
Paul buckle could make a speedy return to football after leaving Luton with Torquay as he helps them until the end of season following lings illness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19 Feb 2013 19:22:36
Alan Knill at Aldershot v Torquay tonight, set to be unveiled as new manager tomorrow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14 Feb 2013 16:12:39
Torquay manager Martin Ling will resign from the club in order to take care of his health. The former Leyton Orient and Cambridge boss has been ill over the last few weeks and is keen on getting back into football once healthy. He has been told he is welcome back in a directorial role.
Stoke City assistant manager Dave Kemp is line to make a return to management after successful talks with United. Kemp has managed Plymouth Argyle in the past and is wanting another bite at the cherry. Kemp is also very good friends with Martin Ling.
Ask any Oxford fan about Dave Kemp. Seen as the worst manager in the history of the club
13 Feb 2013 19:16:31
Peter Reid to step in the managerial position at Torquay to support current ill boss martin ling

:scarf:

You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Well I suspect Buckle is off to the USA with his lady, but I suppose the question is when?

There is a chance , I suppose, giving that there are just a few weeks left of the season that he could join Torquay and then follow his lady of to The USA at the final whistle.....probably thinking they are posh and becks mark 2 as they go!....and of course , if he fails, then he can run away and hide
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

chunkygull wrote:copied from a football rumours website-

Paul buckle could make a speedy return to football after leaving Luton with Torquay as he helps them until the end of season following lings illness
Alan Knill at Aldershot v Torquay tonight, set to be unveiled as new manager tomorrow
Torquay manager Martin Ling will resign from the club in order to take care of his health. The former Leyton Orient and Cambridge boss has been ill over the last few weeks and is keen on getting back into football once healthy. He has been told he is welcome back in a directorial role.
Stoke City assistant manager Dave Kemp is line to make a return to management after successful talks with United. Kemp has managed Plymouth Argyle in the past and is wanting another bite at the cherry. Kemp is also very good friends with Martin Ling.
Ask any Oxford fan about Dave Kemp. Seen as the worst manager in the history of the club
Peter Reid to step in the managerial position at Torquay to support current ill boss martin ling

What a complete waste of time that site appears to be!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

chunkygull wrote:copied from a football rumours website-

Heavens to goodness. At this rate we might as well include Fleetwood Mac. At least we can sing to their rumours.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843