Torquay vs Wimbledon 1/1/13 15:00 (new years day)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: rene howe

Torquay vs Wimbledon 1/1/13 15:00 (new years day)

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Am a swansea city supporter but have a close friend who lives in the torquay area. As not watching the swans that day am intending to come to plainmoor! On reading forums it seems the popular side may be the best and maybe a couple in boots and laces to watch a game on sky beforehand if there is one? Does anyone have any different views or advice to this? Also my only hat to keep warm is my swansea city one! Is this advisable? After all this let's hope the game is on! Will be good to hear your thoughts and see your stadium again as it seems it changed since I was here with swansea city a long time ago!
Last edited by Louis on 01 Jan 2013, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic has been merged with another similar topic.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

welcome swansea jack, yes mate pop side is best and im sure you will be fine with your hat, we are on the main a friendly club, boots and laces is as good a place to come and have a pint or two and watch the footie on the big screen, enjoy your day at plainmoor and i hope we can give you a good game to watch. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Cheers roadrunner, just slightly worried your game could be called off as was your exeter game!! I looked online and it also said you just pay at the turnstile and cant buy tickets beforehand?, is that correct? I'll aim to stand on the popular side then and just maybe follow my nose but tend to stand or sit in my case close to the main singing but not in the middle of it, maybe its my age! Am sure it will be a good game and possibly the first of a few more;-)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

im hoping it will be on as the rain seems to have relented but you never know as we have had so much, you can pay on the day jack :scarf:
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Cheers, see u there. I'll be the one with a funny hat on!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

You cant sit on the Pop side. Bristows bench is a much better place to watch football than the popside. If you want singing, then what little of it there is will be in the middle of the Pop, no use going near it though, you need to be in the middle of it or you wont hear it! You can hear it better from the Bench than further down the pop!
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Cheers kernow, how much to sit on bristows bench, will it be full up or can I amble in at half 2 from boots and laces?
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Its 20 quid, so a little more, but from a purely viewing the game perspective its worth the extra. I always went in the Pop, but havent this season once, as the bench is just far superior. You will have no problem getting in at any time!
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

So only 4 quid more? Sounds good, I'm not really fussed about singing as enjoy my football but can't really bring myself to sing another teams songs! I'll try somewhere as close to the halfway line if I can, sorry roadrunner it seems the bristows bench may be the winner at the moment! Let's hope the heavens stay closed as I would imagine there is a fair chance of it being off!
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

Ill look out for the hat, if I see you there Ill say hello! Enjoy!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no probs swansea jack, i love to stand thats why i go on the popside, i have been over to bristows bench twice this season and i have to say its a great view of the game,and kernow i think your being a bit unfair to the lads on the half way line, they do there best with there singing,but i do believe they would be better off standing down in the corner at the end of the popside which ever way we are kicking, it would generate a better atmosphere i think, anyway enjoy your day at plainmoor jack wherever you end up. :goal:
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Cheers mate, looking forward to it. The idea if switching ends dependant in which way ur kicking sounds great. Hope its the first of many visits!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Nope, sorry, not welcome here, this is a local club for local people...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
eastdevonjack1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by eastdevonjack1 »

Splendid, what an open minded view. Thanks to kernow and roadrunner for their slightly more positive viewpoints! I shall enjoy handing over my 20 pound and contributing, ableit in a small way, to TUFC and after having a good day and hopefully enjoying a TUFC win, then shall enjoy telling people what a good club you are, and hopefully attracting more supporters allowing your club to thrive and expand!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Don't worry eastdevonjack 1 this is yet another example of Matt and his hilarious sense of humour .......I hope !! :lol: :lol:
Enjoy your day and I hope you like it so much that you will become a regular !