Richard Hancox

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Richard Hancox

Post by united09 »

Feel free to remove this if this shouldn't belong on the main board. I've just been looking at youtube and it looks like he(I presume it is Richard Hancox) has uploaded a few videos, from when he was at Torquay. Heres his channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsAoOptzbch0qapLluRpMKg

just thought a few maybe interested as there are some good clips of Plainmoor and a cracking over head kick that even Rooney would be proud of. Anyone got any memories of the goals?

Over head
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Can I piggyback this thread with a request for information? What's the Richard Hancox story? When I first arrived in Torquay, Bateson was in charge and RH had some job or another at Plainmoor but people seemed to dislike him. What's all that about?

Lovely videos by the way, well found that man.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

He was married to Batesons daughter and most people thought, me included he was not that good a footballer. He then got jobs such as stadium manager, yes stadium manager and we were not convinced he was the right person for the job, if we actually needed a stadium manager at all.
TUST MEMBER
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Jobs for the boys (or boy), I see. Cheers Neal.

As you were people, have a watch of those videos.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

All compounded by a fairly rude gesture to the Torquay faithful who weren't best pleased when King Leroy decided to bring him on as a sub in a thrashing away at Rochdale in the final days of the Rosenior reign. Must've been about 36/37 when he made that appearance. Pretty much in-keeping with that debacle of a season...until Ian Atkins worked his magic.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

miltonkeynesgull wrote:All compounded by a fairly rude gesture to the Torquay faithful who weren't best pleased when King Leroy decided to bring him on as a sub in a thrashing away at Rochdale in the final days of the Rosenior reign. Must've been about 36/37 when he made that appearance. Pretty much in-keeping with that debacle of a season...until Ian Atkins worked his magic.
Didn't Atkins refuse to let him on the team bus or something similar on the way to play Rushden in what seemed at the time to be a relegation 6 pointer? Ending the first reign of Hancox - until coincidentally when Lubos was appointed, of all the people he could have chosen as assistant he went for Hancox.........
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Neal wrote:He was married to Batesons daughter and most people thought, me included he was not that good a footballer. He then got jobs such as stadium manager, yes stadium manager and we were not convinced he was the right person for the job, if we actually needed a stadium manager at all.
Now you say that I vaguely remember the gesture he made to the popside and that he was very much disliked. Mind you it must have been when I first started going to games, when he seemed to get jobs made out of thin air and being told the story behind it all. I remember myself not being his number one fan.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Ah yes tricky Dickie, applied for a job as a gardener where a mates wife works..didn't get it :) played a few games for Denbury Ath a club I used to be involved with a couple of seasons back before turning the old Mod Dec factory up on Milber trading est into an indoor 3g astro turf sports hall.

He runs football development coaching for kids and sends the better players for trials with urm Exeter City..nice one :@
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

He is also a coach at Plymouth Argyle, where his on is the books.