Member of the Month - December 2012

General chat about anything else goes here.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Member of the Month - December 2012

Post by Louis »

Happy Christmas and all the best for 2013 to all our members.

Please vote for your member of the month on this link:
http://www.torquayfans.com/contact-us/m ... omination/

The winner will have their nomination comments put on this topic.

DO NOT REPLY WITH WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR HERE.
Why? This new format is to make it more unique winning our member of the month.

Votes in by 31st please, thanks.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

This month has been quite good for posts and quite good for a few arguments. It is often the case that the people who make the most posts often win MOTM due to them being in the spotlight a lot as it were. Many of our regulars including Matt, Forever Dave, Gullscorer Mick, Bixie, Royal, Bengull, Richinns, Gullintwoplaces, Jonnyfive et al have all made regular and valued contributions but as it's Christmas i feel we should mention the members who don't post very often but when they do they are very welcome and interesting. There are many of these infrequent posters who keep this thing 'real' in the face of strong and virulent opinions such as the ones i have myself. These 'sleepers' hide in the background and occasionally post something which breaks up the monotony of a thread with a different angle on things. I know this site has many, many members who log on but don't post and i would urge you to do so as not only would we all get the benefit of some fresh ideas but it would also stop me from posting frequent immature poo and annoying everyone else! Infrequent posters - i know who you you are and i appreciate your posts and if you wish to keep things low key then fine, just make sure you keep on posting because you make the forum what it is instead of a few regulars talking complete bullsh*t. :Oops:

That said, i am voting for Scott Brehaut because firstly, i had the opinion that he was maybe a bit of a tool but i actually think he is a spot on bloke. :-D ( don't worry mate, i'm not gay i've got a kid :lol: ). His work on the Prediction League is selfless and very much appreciated and it can't be easy. I know Maths is not his strong point because if it were i'd be top of my league but i'll forgive his numerical descrepancies as it's Christmas! ;-)

I know myself doing the matchday threads that it can be tricky trying to get stuff up there and online and the amount of work that goes into it so for that reason i vote for SCOTT.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

SORRY! Just realised that you wanted me to vote via that link and not on here. I've had a few and am going to bed now to be sick so either take what i just wrote above as a vote or otherwise i'll vote again on the new link in the morrow! ( Not Steve hahahhahahahhahahahhhaahhhhahhhahaaaaha ) God, bed please!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

austrianandygull wrote:This month has been quite good for posts and quite good for a few arguments. It is often the case that the people who make the most posts often win MOTM due to them being in the spotlight a lot as it were. Many of our regulars including Matt, Forever Dave, Gullscorer Mick, Bixie, Royal, Bengull, Richinns, Gullintwoplaces, Jonnyfive et al have all made regular and valued contributions but as it's Christmas i feel we should mention the members who don't post very often but when they do they are very welcome and interesting. There are many of these infrequent posters who keep this thing 'real' in the face of strong and virulent opinions such as the ones i have myself. These 'sleepers' hide in the background and occasionally post something which breaks up the monotony of a thread with a different angle on things. I know this site has many, many members who log on but don't post and i would urge you to do so as not only would we all get the benefit of some fresh ideas but it would also stop me from posting frequent immature poo and annoying everyone else! Infrequent posters - i know who you you are and i appreciate your posts and if you wish to keep things low key then fine, just make sure you keep on posting because you make the forum what it is instead of a few regulars talking complete bullsh*t. :Oops:

That said, i am voting for Scott Brehaut because firstly, i had the opinion that he was maybe a bit of a tool but i actually think he is a spot on bloke. :-D ( don't worry mate, i'm not gay i've got a kid :lol: ). His work on the Prediction League is selfless and very much appreciated and it can't be easy. I know Maths is not his strong point because if it were i'd be top of my league but i'll forgive his numerical descrepancies as it's Christmas! ;-)

I know myself doing the matchday threads that it can be tricky trying to get stuff up there and online and the amount of work that goes into it so for that reason i vote for SCOTT.
I suppose I'm a "sleeper" Andy! When a thread comes along where I can use my incredible wit and inteligence I will start posting again! 8/

I also suppose we'll get a bollocking off one of the mods for hijacking this thread! :)
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

We don't bollock people here, not our style :P

stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

austrianandygull wrote:SORRY! Just realised that you wanted me to vote via that link and not on here. I've had a few and am going to bed now to be sick so either take what i just wrote above as a vote or otherwise i'll vote again on the new link in the morrow! ( Not Steve hahahhahahahhahahahhhaahhhhahhhahaaaaha ) God, bed please!
Is this a weird dig at me or SteveDeckChair?! :P I don't understand your comments after you've had a few (all of them!) ^.^
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Louis wrote:We don't bollock people here, not our style :P

No but it IS mine ! :lol:

I,ve managed to vote on the link page thingy anyway Louis. Sorry for the confusion. :-/
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I haven't been on here for ages.......

I'll be there with the drum, as long as my shoulder holds up.

After the last couple of results I think we will be in front until the 90th minute and then we will give away the 3 points.
The season we got relegated to the BSP with Leroy, we lost something like 28 points in the last 5 minutes of play..... hope it doesn't bite us on the arse again.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

It's not a dig at any of you Steves. I put the word morrow and just randomly thought of the former Arsenal footballer Steve Morrow so put that after. :-/
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

austrianandygull wrote:It's not a dig at any of you Steves. I put the word morrow and just randomly thought of the former Arsenal footballer Steve Morrow so put that after. :-/
That's before my time Andy!! :)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Winner: AustrianAndyGull

Nominations:

Sterling work on the matchday threads plus other very entertaining (if barmy) posts.

The amount of time he must put into those matchday threads is unreal!

Congratulations!