Why?

General chat about anything else goes here.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

ferrarilover wrote:Why... shouldn't disabled people have new cars?

The answer, I suspect, to your slightly silly question, Andy, is Motorbility. At least one of the users on this forum has a Motorbility car and, while some elements of it baffle me, the basic idea behind it is reasonable.

To add to the thread, why... must everyone else drive so f**k ing slowly? Why is it that the average speed these days is about 25mph. It never used to be this frustrating. I don't ask that everyone do 1000mph through town, but is it really asking too much that the million year old man with ears the size of Saturn's very largest rings and a nose which could house a family of Somalian refugees in comfort actually make some effort to accelerate his small, mid range hatchback up to a speed becoming of the conditions and situation?

Matt.

I know Matt but to be fair to Dave SG he needs one given his age and all that. ;-)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Why has this thread not been merged with the Rant, Moan and Winge thread as it quite clearly is another chance for people to vent their spleen? Makes my blood boil!!!!!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Got humourless reply, ho hum, on to the next victim.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Why does the UK allow Starbucks to get away with this?
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/10/1 ... EX20121015
The company whick makes Walkers Crisps gets up to similar tricks. And there are others too. Makes my blood boil. (I know it's another whinge/moan, but it's still also a WHY?).
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Why do old ladies can eat more than you think?
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:Why... shouldn't disabled people have new cars?

The answer, I suspect, to your slightly silly question, Andy, is Motorbility. At least one of the users on this forum has a Motorbility car and, while some elements of it baffle me, the basic idea behind it is reasonable.

To add to the thread, why... must everyone else drive so f**k ing slowly? Why is it that the average speed these days is about 25mph. It never used to be this frustrating. I don't ask that everyone do 1000mph through town, but is it really asking too much that the million year old man with ears the size of Saturn's very largest rings and a nose which could house a family of Somalian refugees in comfort actually make some effort to accelerate his small, mid range hatchback up to a speed becoming of the conditions and situation?

Matt.
I suspect one of the real reasons behind this was the attraction to the Politicians of generating new business for the Manufacturers. the sale of thousands of new motobitily cars made thousands of new jobs all over the sector. who in their right mind would pass that oportunity up.
I well remember the Old chariots. But the main drawback with them apart from road holding and stabiltiy was inconvenience. You only had one seat. So if you did want to go out with wifey. Tought luck.
I bet when I get bad enough to want one I won't be able to get one. I will have to be dead in my Coffin before they say I qualify and then they will say "I am blind cos i is dead"
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Why do old ladies eat so slowly?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Because they have no teeth?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Why oh Why when we go to the incredible expence of building a national stadium does the opposition team get to vetoe the closing of the roof causing the fans a lot of wasted expence. Madness utter madness.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

while I am in this mood.
Why oh why do all kids go through the stage where they ask "are we nearly there yet" to then say "why"? when I say no!

Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

why dd the chicken cross the road?
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Why do we always ask why?
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

Wisconsin_gull wrote:why dd the chicken cross the road?
To avoid the chicken shagger! :-/
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Glostergull »

Why do Some moronic so called fans want to fight other fans or brick their coaches. Why can't we all get on and respect one another.