Fifa 13..

General chat about anything else goes here.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not a chance. Granted it's improving (thought the latest demo was better than fifa 12) but fifa 13 blows it out of the water again.

The only good thing PES has going for it is the Champions League mode.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Fifa will always have the upper hand for me simply because they have the player name rights.

I once got given pro evo and playing in midfield with Scales and Goggs was f*cking infuriating. Some people can deal with it but that type of thing just ruins the whole thing for me!
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

To be honest Nick i'm not too fussed about all the modes and leagues and things it's just the ease of play and the graphics of pro evo which i find much better. As a casual who dips in and out i find it miles better.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i was always a PES fan back in the PS2 days, but since PS3 it's not been anywhere near as good. I reluctantly switched over to FIFA 11, and got 12 last year, and i can't see me going back to PES until it gets more licensing etc. All that never bothered me back in the day, but now i've had it with FIFA (and the option of playing as TUFC of course, which you never could on PES - not sure if you can in the more recent offerings), i don't want to be without it all again. the best thing about PES for me was the master league, because at least there i could "create" my own TUFC, even if the real players weren't available - just had to make do with Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney etc playing in the yellow !!

My boy has FIFA 13 on pre-order for xbox so i'm already under instruction to get that for him at lunchtime so he can play it with all his mates online when he gets home from school. i'll probably pick up a copy for myself while i'm there !
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Nico scored my first goal of the FIFA 13 with a massively deflected free-kick.

For the record, I pre-empted this weekends came with Chesterfield to start things off. 2-2 draw (Craig bagged the other), followed by a 4-1 win on pens.

Really like it. Will take a bit of getting used too (as they always do) but first impressions are good.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I really like it.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I think it's good.

The actual gameplay hasn't changed too much; but the addition of attacking runs has been done really well. I thought it might become a free-for-all with attackers constantly getting the upper hand but it hasn't turned out that way as it normally takes a great pass to actually get someone in on goal. Still not sure about this whole new 'first touch' thing. The only thing it seems to do on my console means my players have the touch of a donkey an awful lot more!

The best addition for me is the improvement on the career modes. Everything about it just seems sharper and smarter.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

I'm not going to be playing it, but EA got a few players from MLS clubs to make funny ads for it; doing it as a kind of "Soccer 101". Ignoring the fact that they're making obvious references to people who still don't know the rules, they're all pretty funny.

San Jose
Portland
Chicago
Kansas City

(I'll admit, it probably helps if you know the players involved)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.