proffessional or what?

General chat about anything else goes here.
bruciesbootcleaner

proffessional or what?

Post by bruciesbootcleaner »

on my way to watch the youth team at plainmoor on sat morning, i was asked by 4people ( who were on holiday ) where they could find out about purchasing tickets for the plymouth game,
i explained that i did nt think that they could buy any tickets from the offices untill monday, but hey, lets go and ask,
i duly showed them into the main reception, but the office was like the "marie celeste" untill to my utter astonishment, thru the door behind the counter appeared none other than " meathead" that idoit who was banned for lobbing bottles at apposing fans a couple of years ago!!
" before i could ask about the ticket situation, dear old "meat" stuck his head thru the screen opening & mumbled come back later no one here, slammed the glass screen shut & dissapeared from whence he came,
leaving me & the 4 holiday makers totally bemused!!
" is this any way to run a football club?, unbelievable, get it sorted TUFC!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, whinging about it on a forum is definitely the way to get stuff sorted...

You already know that the fellow you encountered is not an ideal representative. Did you take his word for it? Did you investigate further? Did you advise that they could pay on the day? Did you get them a number for the club so they could call for themselves? Given that you were there to watch a youth match, there must have been someone from the club at the ground, did you approach him/her? Did you happen to see Drogba there, waiting to sign having left the Shenhua?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

God Matt, you're so practical!! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bruciesbootcleaner

ferrarilover wrote:Yeah, whinging about it on a forum is definitely the way to get stuff sorted...

You already know that the fellow you encountered is not an ideal representative. Did you take his word for it? Did you investigate further? Did you advise that they could pay on the day? Did you get them a number for the club so they could call for themselves? Given that you were there to watch a youth match, there must have been someone from the club at the ground, did you approach him/her? Did you happen to see Drogba there, waiting to sign having left the Shenhua?

Matt.
ha ha thanks mate with your expert advice everthing is sorted you missed the point as usual, what i asked then & after is irrelevant, the point is how the hell does someone like that, get to be behind the main reception of a so called proffesional football club!!!
p.s.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

To be honest mate, if that had happened to me i'd have kicked off in reception and also come on here to have a rant so you're not on your own. From the way you describe the situation it is unacceptable.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bruciesbootcleaner

austrianandygull wrote:To be honest mate, if that had happened to me i'd have kicked off in reception and also come on here to have a rant so you're not on your own. From the way you describe the situation it is unacceptable.
someone who understands - take notice MATT, (Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own.)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

You don't get out much, do you Booty? There are 20,000,000 workers in the UK, and 19,500,000 of them couldn't care less, hate their job, can't wait to get home and have infinitely better things to do than be stuck at work. Ever called the DVLA, or tried genial banter with a checkout girl?

The important thing here, which is the point I was making initially, which you missed, presumably because you were busy not being funny, is that having encountered Slack Jaw Johnnie, the only way to salvage the situation in the eyes of the visitors was for you to fix the problem by offering excellent advice.

I presume you have now contacted the club with your concerns?

Matt.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ferrarilover wrote:You don't get out much, do you Booty? There are 20,000,000 workers in the UK, and 19,500,000 of them couldn't care less, hate their job, can't wait to get home and have infinitely better things to do than be stuck at work. Ever called the DVLA, or tried genial banter with a checkout girl?

The important thing here, which is the point I was making initially, which you missed, presumably because you were busy not being funny, is that having encountered Slack Jaw Johnnie, the only way to salvage the situation in the eyes of the visitors was for you to fix the problem by offering excellent advice.

Matt.
This may be true Matt but these workers are still being paid to do a job and if they're not doing it properly because they can't be arsed or hate where they're at then they should jack it in and make way for someone who will do it. If that be an immigrant worker then fine, they're only doing the jobs that idle Brits who would rather get free money and watch jeremy kyle all day won't do. As an interesting task though, i am going to try some off the cuff banter with the next checkout operator i encounter to see if i can get a rapport going. I just hope it's a woman! :lol:
bruciesbootcleaner

ferrarilover wrote:You don't get out much, do you Booty? There are 20,000,000 workers in the UK, and 19,500,000 of them couldn't care less, hate their job, can't wait to get home and have infinitely better things to do than be stuck at work. Ever called the DVLA, or tried genial banter with a checkout girl?

Matt.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him” i therefore declare by proclamation this conversation has hereby ended,
"remember matt "jesus" loves you, but everyone else thinks your an ARSEHOLE!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

F'rev, you're right, of course, that hopeless workers should either jump or be pushed, but sadly, there is such a volume of them these days that that is wholly impractical. Such a shame, because if we had a similar ethic as a lot of places, where doing a good job is seen as a social imperative, we could be a really excellent little island.

Oh Booty, poor you.

Matt.
bruciesbootcleaner

ferrarilover wrote:F'rev, you're right, of course, that hopeless workers should either jump or be pushed, but sadly, there is such a volume of them these days that that is wholly impractical. Such a shame, because if we had a similar ethic as a lot of places, where doing a good job is seen as a social imperative, we could be a really excellent little island.

Oh Booty, poor you.

Matt.
game set & match to me i believe!!! ha ha
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Haha, if that makes you feel better.

Matt.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

two Fs
two Ss.

PROFESSIONAL
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

happytorq wrote:two Fs
two Ss.

PROFESSIONAL
*awaits the arrival of Booty, at which point he will make no clear, relevant counter argument, then claim a win*

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Don't argue with bootcleaner Matt. The oneupmanship he's got over you, is he's a former TUFC professional and also played for West Ham United.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"