£2 per month!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

£2 per month!

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Was laughing at the Exeter City site and how they enjoyed their first match back in Division 4 when I spotted a topic on their Supporters Trust (or equivalent) and £30k they are owed by the club - not a huge topic, except one part that took my attention.

Their supporters pay £2 per month (or more if they wish) by Direct Debit / Standing Order into the Supporters Trust which is then used to assist the club.

Made me think, £2 per month is nothing to most people, could we not do this (or do we?).

If we can (or do), it would need proactive advertising to begin with (but not necessarily those that have to be paid as that defeats the object) as I feel numerous supporters of the club would welcome this and not just the ones that come to each match!

This would help those (like me) that can't afford to sponsor a match ball or similar but would willingly give a little bit more (and once set up you tend to forget about it!), I mean I do try to eat as much as possible at each match and get a 50/50 ticket but the club only get a cut of this!

We are a community club and this would make that link closer.

Thoughts anyone??
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

given the lack of interest on the plainmoor members club and the well known general apathy towards the club by the south devon public, i'd imagine that any sort of scheme of this type for tufc would be a non starter, unfortunately
still keeping the faith
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I'm not so sure. When the members club was first mentioned I was pretty keen. Then it all seemed to go quiet. All in all, the marketing was pretty poor.
TUST number 080
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

TUST
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Not very helpful! Are you saying the TUST do this? If so how do I get details?
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Tq2Yellow »

That just shows how well it isn't known about!

Yes you can donate £2 per month, the link is below:

http://www.torquaysupporters.com/join_membership.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will join on Monday, supported for more than 35 years and did not know that, I will let my colleagues in the Pop side know and print off some forms for them!

Perhaps it would be worthwhile getting something at the entrances done to advertise the fact, especially for the derby games!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Tq2Yellow wrote:Was laughing at the Exeter City site and how they enjoyed their first match back in Division 4 when I spotted a topic on their Supporters Trust (or equivalent) and £30k they are owed by the club - not a huge topic, except one part that took my attention.

Their supporters pay £2 per month (or more if they wish) by Direct Debit / Standing Order into the Supporters Trust which is then used to assist the club.

Made me think, £2 per month is nothing to most people, could we not do this (or do we?).

If we can (or do), it would need proactive advertising to begin with (but not necessarily those that have to be paid as that defeats the object) as I feel numerous supporters of the club would welcome this and not just the ones that come to each match!

This would help those (like me) that can't afford to sponsor a match ball or similar but would willingly give a little bit more (and once set up you tend to forget about it!), I mean I do try to eat as much as possible at each match and get a 50/50 ticket but the club only get a cut of this!

We are a community club and this would make that link closer.

Thoughts anyone??
My thoughts are. Now we know who ate all the pies!

Sorry, but you did leave yourself WIDE open to that one.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843