5 Brain Cells

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Callumtufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy bodin

Post by Callumtufc »

Thing is down the end like we've both said people join in unlike the middle it's
The one and a bit block and it's stop start where as down the end it's more fun and people of all ages will join in down there, as for the suggestion come down near the family stand we did once last season think it was against Barnet on the Friday night family stand did join in a bit more but the only time everyone joined in with us was after nicos screamer and that was the we love you song, however problem was once again the moaners out in force where all complaining when we come down there and started singing yellow army and proper songs yet they still
Moaned (is this the same people that moan on here?) probably!.

I think for the Cheltenham game next Tuesday our group are splitting again and we along with the drum are going down the end and staying there the whole game then against Rochdale probably back to middle.
We have mentioned for a few games Tuesday night ones for our lot to go in the bench as the pop
Can join in as they'd hear us but wait and see ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Don't come anywhere near the back of the pop. side level with the half-way line. In fact, can't you go in the away end?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Callumtufc wrote:Just find all of this funny tbh, I wasn't there against Leicester but when I do go its either up end by away fans or in the middle and I have to agree and few others of the group do some of the sh*t that comes out of people mouths in the middle is amazing, that's why we originally moved down the end where the rest of the ground didn't hear us but down there 100-300 people joined in with every song even if it weren't loud we sang for much longer than the middle.

As for the older style chants why don't the people who want to start them come stand in the middle in the block below
Us and start them we'd join in for sure, and how about putting the songs down on the yellow army section so at least we know the words when you start singing them,
Only a thought but there you go :)
You'll be another young person then, wanting someone else to do it for you. Not sure how many more times I'm going to have to tell the chant starting adolescents that they are the ones who must make the effort to learn and sing the songs we all hear.
If you go to a Neil Diamond concert, he doesn't start singing obscure shit that no one likes, then when people begin to complain, invite the audience on stage to bloody well sing for themselves. Instead, he sings the songs people want to hear.

For the love of God, someone, anyone from your group who happens to be middle class and therefore properly educated, explain this concept to those who simply can't grasp it.

That said, at least this one has actively asked for help. Anyone fancy it, since I'm not sure I'd get the words to a lot of them?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Dear God, this thread is a shambles. I'm going to split you up into three groups, 'Oldies', 'Kids' and 'Matt'. This is how I'm reading the argument at the moment:-

Oldies want to stay in the middle, sing the 'old favourites' and make a good atmosphere.

Kids want to go down the end, sing constantly (even if it is drivel) and make a good atmosphere.

Matt wants to single-handedly teach the kids of Britain how to live their lives.

So basically, you both want the same thing yet seem to be going about it the wrong way. Oldies - if you want to create a better atmosphere, why not work together with the kids and create one. There aren't enough of you to do it yourselves. If you don't want them standing near you, don't expect them to do what you want them to do. You're old enough and experienced enough to influence any kids around you to sing the songs you want them to sing. If you don't want to do this, don't complain.

Kids - stop singing utter rubbish. Get behind your team and not against a player who we have absolutely no history with (Konchesky). Try and create some songs which are about Torquay and I'm sure many won't mind about a couple mocking Exeter, Argyle and maybe fatty Evans.

Matt - stop being a complete faggot, any 'man' who drives a bright orange car has no right to comment about how some upholds themselves in public.

Sounds to me like some growing up needs to be done, on all sides.
Last edited by cambgull on 16 Aug 2012, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Make that three sides, Luke. 2 + Matt and any other feminine type men who want to wear orange ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Make that three sides, Luke. 2 + Matt and any other feminine type men who want to wear orange ;-)
I shall edit my post to reflect this information...
Luke.

Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Going down the end near the away fans is pointless, no atmosphere whatsoever. In the middle, the rest of the ground joins in with the 'Yellow Army', 'Come on you yellows' etc. When some of the singers go down the end, no one sings except them because no one can hear them! The chants on Tuesday were utter drivel and completely ridiculous, don't sing crap songs, sing the ones that gets behind the team and ignore the moaners as they'll be everywhere not just in the place you stand. GET BEHIND THE BOYS!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Callumtufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Billy bodin

Post by Callumtufc »

Want someone else to do it for us? Well seeing as a lot of us don't have a clue what these older songs are then uh maybe we do, and middle is better all round atmosphere but then like has been proved rubbish starts coming out people mouths and It's embarrassing to listen to, I can think of two good atmospheres in middle end of last season which was vale and Cheltenham and for the oh the whole ground joins in they maybe join in for five seconds clapping then that's it for another game so
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

They don't have to be based on older songs Callum, the ones which are sung are just well known songs from the past and often hymns. There is no reason why you can't WRITE songs based on newer songs.
Last edited by cambgull on 16 Aug 2012, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Luke.

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

cambgull wrote:They don't have to be based on older songs Callum, the ones which are sung are just well known songs from the past and often hymns. There is no reason why you can't right songs based on newer songs.

right? :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I have no idea what you're talking about Dave... :whistle:
Luke.

Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

cambgull wrote:Dear God, this thread is a shambles. I'm going to split you up into three groups, 'Oldies', 'Kids' and 'Matt'. This is how I'm reading the argument at the moment:-

Oldies want to stay in the middle, sing the 'old favourites' and make a good atmosphere.

Kids want to go down the end, sing constantly (even if it is drivel) and make a good atmosphere.

Matt wants to single-handedly teach the kids of Britain how to live their lives.

So basically, you both want the same thing yet seem to be going about it the wrong way. Oldies - if you want to create a better atmosphere, why not work together with the kids and create one. There aren't enough of you to do it yourselves. If you don't want them standing near you, don't expect them to do what you want them to do. You're old enough and experienced enough to influence any kids around you to sing the songs you want them to sing. If you don't want to do this, don't complain.

Kids - stop singing utter rubbish. Get behind your team and not against a player who we have absolutely no history with (Konchesky). Try and create some songs which are about Torquay and I'm sure many won't mind about a couple mocking Exeter, Argyle and maybe fatty Evans.

Matt - stop being a complete faggot, any 'man' who drives a bright orange car has no right to comment about how some upholds themselves in public.

I think you missed a group Camgull. There are also the Old farts who don't want anyone to sing. At all!
Finaly there is Me. I tried my hardest in the Family stand to teach and encourage youngsters to sing after hearing a group of 5/6 year olds with such incredibly awfuly language that would make even matt blush. I couldn't stand by and do nothing. I sat with Frankie Prince in that end for two years and we had started to get some real success. To the point that on occasions the pop side heard us and joined in. Although it didn't help one day when I forgot how to spell Torquay when doing the chant. "Give me T" etc. The kids just fell about laughing, not least when there was a board down the front with the name on it. (One hole please open up and swallow me please).
I couldn't carry on due to ill health but I did get the Old farts complain that "We didn't do that at Plainmoor" My reply was, "Well we do now so get used to it". Much to Mike Batesons amusement.
On the Subject of Matt educating our Youth. Ouch. a country full of Youngsters brainwashed into everything orange. and extoling the benefits of far right policy. I think not.
Last edited by Glostergull on 16 Aug 2012, 17:23, edited 2 times in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Not fussed about the Old Farts, they'll probably be long gone by the time I'm able to get down to the hallowed turf regularly.

As for Matt, could you imagine cynicism from the entirety of young Britain. We'd never get through to them then!
Luke.

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

cambgull wrote:Dear God, this thread is a shambles. I'm going to split you up into three groups, 'Oldies', 'Kids' and 'Matt'. This is how I'm reading the argument at the moment:-

Completely agree with this Camb. As Ive said previously most of them dont use this forum so wont see any of this. Which is why I said talking about them on here will go nowhere talking to them at games will get them somewhere hopefully in the right direction so we can get the best possible atmosphere at Plainmoor.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lets try and help one last time, for a start it would be nice if the young lads did start to use this forum as they have their own yellow army sub forum, and I know Joe and Dannyrv who stands with sometimes at home matchs and some of the others do have accounts on here.

Whilst I argee Alex allways better to talk face to face most won't approach them on match days so maybe steer them towards here for some helpful feed back, and my other suggestion to some who are on here, listen, take on board critism and suggestions rather than just dismiss those people as moanersor tell them if they dont like it start their own chants

Lets rewind to Tuesday, I am a 40 something I stand just across the yellow steps on the back row to the left of the middle block where the yellow army lads go, I allways join in with the chants and enjoy doing so, as do the lads I stand with, Tuesday I waited and waited for the chants to start, I have no problem addmitting I am a follower rather than someone who would start chants, nothing, yep we were getting butslapped, as said thats when those who will start chants must come into their own.

When the chants finaly did start they were..Konchesky is a pensioner...Konchesky is older than 90..Liverpool,Liverpool, and after the third goal when he dared cup his hand to his ear, the loudest chant of them all was..BOO..WANKER,WANKER..Brooker,Callum don't you or anyone else see the problem here, and realise this is the reason why your group is being critised.

My other suggestion would be stay in the middle, get yellow/torquay style chants going, keep them going however speed them up and slow them down etc, that way more will join and keep going, sometimes those chants are so fast, us 40 somethings turn blue trying to keep up and normaly give up and the reason why they fade so fast.
Formerly known as forevertufc