Weston Super Mare Tonight.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Gullscorer wrote: Lloyd Foot? What on earth is he doing trialling for us? Is he still at Southampton? Maybe, with Southampton now in the Premier League, opportunities there for him will be limited. He'd be an ideal player to have at Plainmoor (centre back) but to read that article he seems to be destined for a higher league.
When I searched his name, it came up with a number of things relating to sports agencies he's signed with - so perhaps that article was some propoganda trotted out by them to raise his profile.

Like I said, I've never heard of him. Not even sure if he is still with the Saints (and is trialling with us with a view to a loan move) or been released and looking for a permanent deal (I've had a look on the Saints homepage and no mention of him anywhere - development squads or otherwise). Maybe the fact we've looked at 2 other centre halves recently suggests that Ling doesn't fancy Cruise at Centre half unless things are really desperate
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Gullscorer wrote: Lloyd Foot? What on earth is he doing trialling for us? Is he still at Southampton? With Southampton now in the Premier League, opportunities there for him would be limited. Though it may well be that he's no longer at Southampton.

He'd be an ideal player to have at Plainmoor (centre back) but to read that article he seemed to be destined for a higher league.
That article was at least 2 years old, so I guess he either hasnt progressed as expected or maybe had injury,problems?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"Broken nose" Joe can do the job in the middle.

Then there's the historical role of Mansell at right fullback.

A squad like ours has/must be versatile.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Asking on a forum he was at Southampton in there Youth System but got released. He was fairly Rated there though maybe didnt live upto the potential they thought he had?