Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Labadie banned with immediate effect for 6 months for biting.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

what a bloody idiot!
still keeping the faith
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Mark Ellis is the difference between Shrewsbury and York today with a decent headed goal to nick the points. He's still a really decent player at this level, had a good game today. He was amongst the better players Torquay have had these past 6 years or so.

Felt weird today going back to Shrewsbury for the first time since I was part of the celebrations a few years back in the play off semi 0-0 draw. On that occasion I booked a nearby Travelodge within walking distance and got hammered on the local Woods Brewery Shropshire Lad which they served in the bar area there. Staggered the 2 miles back to the hotel afterwards. I guess i'm going to have little choice but to be re-visiting some of the grounds with York that I did as a Torquay 'supporter' and each time i'll have memories that pop into my head from time to time. Today was one such example.

My last game of the season anyway today in what has been a turbulent and difficult season battling relentlessly at the wrong end of the table and also witnessing some truly awkward football. A carbon copy of your season I guess. It's been nice to get to most home games. I've been to all bar 3 including cup whereas with Torquay, I only went to 1 maybe 2 home games a season due to the distance from my home obviously. I made up for this by going to watch most Torquay away games but missing home games and not feeling a regular part of the set up was a big downer for me as I live for matchdays.

No such problems for me now.

Good to see of the Gulls result at Halifax today, results are on the up. Good to see those that went having a good time and good to hear that Bix is still alive. Not heard owt from you on the forum man. Hope you are ok bud. Long time no see. Oh and Luce driving like Wacky Races on the way home. I knew Halifax was a bit grim but had no idea it was that bad. Couldn't wait to get away I bet!

At least next season you'll have Cheltenham, they are finished. Tranmere are too given their last two fixtures. Plymouth away and Bury at home. Tranmere are by some distance the worst team I've seen come to Bootham Crescent this season and with two games to play they haven't improved. On top of that Brizzle look like they've blown it. Next conference season might be very interesting but also very very competitive. Aren't FC United coming up or is there another league for them to go into beforehand?

Anyway, chins up folks and good luck with the planned takeover and summer re-building.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yorkieandy wrote: Next conference season might be very interesting but also very very competitive. Aren't FC United coming up or is there another league for them to go into beforehand?
FC United go into the Conference North next season. It looks like Barrow coming up automatically from the Conference North and Bromley from the Conference South. I noticed that Ashley Hemmings scored for someone today ...... Dagenham & Redbridge?
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Some interesting comments from John Carver about Mike Williamson's sending off today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32567112
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Manse had a good game today again
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Manse had a good game today again
And Rovers had a gate of 10563, probably ten times our normal attendance next season.. :-/
Unless something miraculous happens.. :)
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:Manse had a good game today again
Good for him.
Gullscorer wrote:And Rovers had a gate of 10563, probably ten times our normal attendance next season.. :-/
Unless something miraculous happens.. :)
One of the reasons they can have a much bigger budget then we have!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

From the Conference play offs to the Ryman South play offs ! The Ryman play offs seem to be one match only with the team finishing higher in the league having home advantage. Truro City beat Hungerford and are now home to St Neots at Truro tomorrow (seems strange not to have the final on a neutral ground, but there we are). Reports say that Ed Palmer had a good game against Hungerford. Remember him? Another of our youth players who didn't quite make it. Truro will be in the Conference (or National) South next season IF they win. I shal be rootin' for them ...... as I'm Cornish. There - I've come out of the closet !
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I'll be supporting my local team for this one. St Neots fans are not happy about the choice of venue, which is pretty biased.

It's going to be an interesting game though, two teams who have had a bit of financial help over the last few years and are moving up the leagues. St Neots as a town is growing and the fanbase for the team is too, especially with getting into the play-offs. They fully deserve a promotion.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Bodin released by Northampton
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

cambgull wrote:I'll be supporting my local team for this one. St Neots fans are not happy about the choice of venue, which is pretty biased.
Well at least one team you support has got promoted this season. Truro City won 1-0 with a 68th minute penalty in front of 1450 so will play in the Conference South next season (or whatever the league is going to be called next season! ;-) )

Oh bugger! Just realised St Neots is your local team! Jolly bad luck Sir! ;-)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

PlainmoorRoar wrote:Bodin released by Northampton

Hopefully on his way to York ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I can't say I'm hugely surprised or disappointed. I don't really understand why it wasn't at a neutral venue, you can't make a play-off final a home game for one of the teams, especially when said home game is a 7 hour drive in a car, let alone a bus.

A lot of annoyed people in St Neots today, especially the ones who couldn't make it because of money, 14 hours of driving and/or getting back at nearly 3am on the supporters bus.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"