Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Strange how these 'useless' players ( according to those who claim knowledge ) go on to be signed by bigger and better clubs....
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I've always maintained that players who leave voluntarily or are discarded by Torquay United go on to much better careers elsewhere. Our club is hopeless, and has been for many years now, at keeping and developing talented or promising players. Just at the top of my head I can think of Billy Bodin. Billy Kee, Giancarlo Gallifuoco and Dan Butler - there must be many more but it's getting late and my brain is seizing up from too much TV football.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

budegull1954 wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 21:51 I've always maintained that players who leave voluntarily or are discarded by Torquay United go on to much better careers elsewhere. Our club is hopeless, and has been for many years now, at keeping and developing talented or promising players. Just at the top of my head I can think of Billy Bodin. Billy Kee, Giancarlo Gallifuoco and Dan Butler - there must be many more but it's getting late and my brain is seizing up from too much TV football.
...... Christian Pearce, Matt Green, Aaron Downes. As budegull says, there must be others.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Just heard today from a friend who is a Dover fan that Giancarlo Gallifuoco has left the club. He was apparently very well thought of by the Dover fans but he has decided to move on to pastures new - I wonder where he will end up? He was certainly a class act when Dover comprehensively beat Torquay at Plainmoor last season. One of those players who makes the game look easy, even though I felt he never reached his potential with us.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

budegull1954 wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 21:47 Just heard today from a friend who is a Dover fan that Giancarlo Gallifuoco has left the club. He was apparently very well thought of by the Dover fans but he has decided to move on to pastures new - I wonder where he will end up? He was certainly a class act when Dover comprehensively beat Torquay at Plainmoor last season. One of those players who makes the game look easy, even though I felt he never reached his potential with us.
You're a week out of date. This was reported on BTPIR a week ago.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 21:52 You're a week out of date. This was reported on BTPIR a week ago.
I - for one - hadn't heard that. Many of us don't bother with inferior forums ........ :whistle:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

tomogull wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 22:47 I - for one - hadn't heard that. Many of us don't bother with inferior forums ........ :whistle:
Not sure why any avid Torquay fan wouldn't look at all the forums?

Plenty of interesting stuff and opinions on all three
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Jerry wrote: 19 Jul 2018, 23:03 Not sure why any avid Torquay fan wouldn't look at all the forums? Plenty of interesting stuff and opinions on all three
Ah - there's the rub, Jerry. "Avid' Torquay fan - not any longer, I'm sorry to say. Whilst the likes of Osborne and Harrop are running the club, I just take a passing interest.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You know who's a free agent? Muzzy Carayol. And Liam Rosenoir.

Also, Efete signed for Maidstone United today. A bloke we had last season has signed for Maidstone United in order to get closer to the Football League. Maidstone United. Might as well let Uncle Clarke fold the **** club.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Re: Vincent Dorel - I read somewhere on this forum that he'd gone back to Rennes in France. He can't be anywhere near the first team however, looking at the lineups for the club's friendly against Everton today. He was neither the first choice goalie or on the subs' bench. Hmmm, was that a wise decision to give up a virtually-assured first choice goalie position at TUFC for a 3rd or even 4th choice at Rennes, playing in front of a couple of old blokes and a dog? (Mind you that could be TUFC in a couple of years). Incidentally Rennes beat Everton 4-1, which doesn't augur too well for the Toffees' forthcoming season.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Vincent Dorel has signed for SSC Farul Constanța, who play in the second tier of the Romanian league, having been promoted last season. Good luck Vincent!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Michel Efete has signed for Maidstone. Good signing for them. Giancarlo Gallifuoco is playing for F.C. Rieti in series C in Italy. In today's Herald Express, it says that Courtenay Richards and James Hurst are playing for Nuneaton (NL north). James Hurst - what a waste of a good talent.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Ben Harding temporarily in charge at Truro City after Hodges and Todd resign!

http://www.trurocityfc.net/news/club-st ... 32549.html
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Mike Williamson - Gateshead.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Can't believe Jordan Chappell has signed for my local club Matlock Town in the evo stik prem. I'll always remember being at Northampton experiencing a rare Knill away victory where we came from a goal down to win 2-1 second half thanks to two exquisite finishes by Chappell. I say i rememeber it because i went to most away games that season and we were garbage and lost most of them . :'( He had a lot of promise but didn't show too much of it in a Gulls shirt. Still shocked to find him at Matlock's level though given his age too.

Another ex Gull Shaun Harrad is also at the Gladiators too. Player manager type role.