Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The above post alone has justified the very existence of this thread. I don't want to change the overall use of this thread, because it's excellent as it is, but as an aside, can anyoneer find a more obscure setting for an Ex-Gull? Perhaps split the competition into two halves, playing and non-playing.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

First-half hat-trick yesterday from Tim Sills at Billericay for Basingstokey. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
DonnyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Halstead

Post by DonnyGull »

Rendell hat-trick for Luton yesterday
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Watched Alex Russell play last week for Clevedon Town at Didcot. Russell was captain and although the legs have gone was still pinging passes around. Clevedon also had Scott Murray ex Bristol City and Reading in their side.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Kernowgull wrote:I was at a loose end yesterday so went to watch Bristol Manor Farm vs Gillingham (pronounced with a hard G sound, from Dorset I believe). There were approximately 40 in attendance and it was bloody excellent. Lots of good passing, very skillful attacking, and the ref was brilliant, controlled the play well and was all round a very satisfactory day out, at a beautiful setting.

Adrian Foster, a former striker of ours and lower league journeyman, was player manager for Gillingham, and looked quality and must really love the game.

He will be close by tomorrow as Gillingham are at Buckland in a cup match.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ellis just scored v hartlepool.

jeff is gutted on SSN! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Chris Todd spending longer on TV than he is playing football these days. Loaned out to Hereford United, where, presumably, he isn't being paid.

Matt.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Eunan O'Kane on the sub's bench yesterday for Eddie Howe's first game in charge on his return as Bournemouth manager, and they still beat Tranmere.

Looks like Bobby Olejnik picked the wrong club to join: he's still picking balls out of the net as Peterborough lose again, adrift at the bottom of the Champinship.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Feel for Bobby, his defence is making him look like a bad signing. He has made a boob or two but he did with us and can easily be forgiven given the saves he makes every week. With Eunan i feel he made the wrong choice in choosing Bournemouth and fear he will end up back in league 2 with his hopes and aspirations to be a full Irish international in tatters. Come back to Plainmoor Eunan!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Really feel for Bobby too. The form we've shown away from home really hits home how much he meant to us last year - you need a confident goalie and he was exactly that. Unfortunately Poke isn't, as shown from his incredible handball after about two minutes yesterday.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Bobby finally got a first home win under his belt tonight, a 3-1 win over Huddersfield (including a goal of the season contender) also saw Peterborough move off the bottom of the table.

Eunan O'Kane was again an unused sub for Bournemouth in a 3-3 draw at Notts County

Nicky Wroe scored a hat-trick (yes, you read that right) as Preston won 3-2 tonight at Scunthorpe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Jesus, what did we miss in Wroe?

Poor Eunan, will he come back on loan, the idea of Craig and Eunan on the pitch at the same time is enticing.

Well played Bobby, knew you'd crack it eventually, one day, you'll be as good as Poke.

Matt.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

:lol: I can only assume that final line is a joke, Matt. Bobby is streets ahead of Pokey, unfortunately.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I think I might have finally discovered the problem on here, Nick, even when it's so obviously a joke, that my dead Grandmother is chuckling along, there remains an element of doubt. Damn you internet!

Matt.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Toddy concedes a penalty for Hereford as they draw 2-2 away to Southport.

Matt.