Ex-Gull watch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Manny Duku has left Maidstone after a short stay and joined Wealdstone:-

https://maidstoneunited.co.uk/2024/03/0 ... or-stones/
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

We should be on the phone to Mr Warnock in the morning as he is a free agent again. He should of been invited eighteen months ago, when he watched the home Derby County cup match...,....he was waiting to be asked!
OceanYellow7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by OceanYellow7 »

North Curry House wrote: 10 Mar 2024, 17:39 We should be on the phone to Mr Warnock in the morning as he is a free agent again. He should of been invited eighteen months ago, when he watched the home Derby County cup match...,....he was waiting to be asked!
He would have been a better option 18 months ago, too late now NCH sadly
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Am I missing something, what exactly would Neil Warnock bring to the table?, as our manager for this season?, and next?, as an investor?, ..I doubt we'll make the playoffs even if Pep was in charge, you can only work with what you have, and our squad is an upper mid table squad, that's to far off the playoffs, we need all our focus on trying to get a buyer, by a week on Friday, not entering talks with Neil Warnock, who has been fantastic for many many years, but he needs to be on a sun lounger now in Gran Canaria, not in the dug out at Plainmoor..
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Colin will want paying big bucks for getting out of bed. Let alone managing. Lower table NLS team. Such a silly idea.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I believe the point being made here is, is Neil Warnock part of a new investment group. It did cross my mind, it could be possible, but I don't believe so.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

From what I have seen of warnock, the documentary on his career, the social media posts etc is that he has an ability to bring out the best in players, whether by praise or total fear, he was, I would suggest the original hairdryer man, would some of our shrinking violets be able to cope with him without having an attack of the vapors, doubtful, can you imagine Mcgavin being told, look son, you have a sweet right foot and a good football brain but my mum runs more than you do and is tougher in the tackle and she has been dead ten years ,would he bring anything to the table, huge experience and a black book of contacts that would rival anything in the premier, new ideas, unlikely, and lets not forget he is 75, we had enough trouble getting Johnson to put in a full time week and he is in his sixties. No, for me, let the man enjoy his retirement and make more money in one afternoon for being a pundit than he could being a manager with us.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Don't think Neil will be coming !
Although I have a lot of time for him , when he was manager here for a short spell I wrote him a letter about team issues and he wrote back a personal handwritten reply explaining his thoughts. Top bloke I reckon.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Klaidi Lolos - remember him: the subbed sub. Good to see him score to put Crawley level in their 2-1 win over Notts County. A regular in the side and second top goalscorer it goes to show there is life after Torquay United.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Jamie Reid has been called up to northern Ireland senior squad!

He's been on good form this year....
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Nick Potkins wrote: 08 Feb 2024, 22:24 Jamie Sendles-White has departed Yeovil
Jamie Sendles-White has signed for Hemel Hemstead. He played for them against Bath City on Tuesday.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Dillon De Silva popped up to score for Wealdstone in the NL.
OceanYellow7
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by OceanYellow7 »

Dillon DaSilva scores for Wealdstone today
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 23:07 Klaidi Lolos - remember him: the subbed sub. Good to see him score to put Crawley level in their 2-1 win over Notts County. A regular in the side and second top goalscorer it goes to show there is life after Torquay United.
Klaidi Lolos scored for the third successive game last night for Crawley.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Jamie Reid, debut international goal for NI