Lloyd off the list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Lloyd off the list

Post by Richinns »

Ling has decided to take Lloyd Macklin off the transfer list after his recent impressive form. Have to say well done to both Macklin and Ling in this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19075365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lloyd has responded very well to the rocket and emberrassment Ling gave him over the summer and has now been rewarded for doing so.

Lets hope this is the making of him as if he forfills his potential he is a massive talent.

In a time where he has faced much criticism lets now give Lloyd the backing to help him achieve what we all know he is capable of.
Last edited by Richinns on 01 Aug 2012, 12:18, edited 2 times in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I agree, lets show that Torquay is the place where he can build his football career. If he continues to show the form reported he will make a big difference.
TUST number 080
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

I think sending him to Hereford on trial was a masterstroke. Hereford, with the greatest respect is a dump compared to Torquay and I doubt the club is the best place to be at the moment with relegation to the conference, a very tight financial situation and a squad that is still being put together.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

This is really good news. Lloyd Macklin has a lot of ability, but has just not shown it over the past season.

Lingy has clearly motivated him in the PSFs, we now want to see him do well in the League. One thing I do not want to hear is Brucie getting on Lloyd's back, confusing lack of motivation/application with lack of ability in his usual helpful way.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Great news for Lloyd and hopefully for Torquay. If he plays to his potential, I can't see anything other than a successful season for him.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Allelujah. if I know anything of St Martin and Shaun, They will keep on his case to make sure he fullfills his potential.

If we can get a good season out of him and he does well enough to get another contract and hopefully stays to earn us a nice windfall when he goes up higher then all's well. I as will many of you be watching. Let's hope the boo boys will not barack him but back him to the hilt as he makes this seasons debut. with the rest of the lads. It sometimes takes a boot up the ole jacksie to make you sit up and take notice but hopefully we will see what others have said for the past 3 years.
Onwards and Upwards. Cooooooommmmmeeeee ooooonnnnnnn yoooooooooooooo Gulllllllllllllllllssssssssss. Commeeeee onnnnnn Loooooyyyydddd Macklinnnnnnnnnnnnnn. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

LLoyd did do this last pre-season, as everyone knows, and then disappeared. But I was there last night, and his pace is still unbeleivable! and its not all he's got, he wasn't charging into dead ends, but had his head up the whole time and his goal was brilliant, Craigs ball took the whole of the city defence out of the equasion, and Lloyd had Krysiak completely done.
If its ever going to happen for him, its now. And well done to the genius that came up with the chant, not original, but amazing! hopefully we'll be hearing lots more of it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Must admit I did raise an eyebrow when Martin Ling went public over Lloyd Macklin the way he did, not really the done thing, however it seems Lingy is a very good judge of character, its been said a few times Lloyd did play well last pre-season, the difference for me this time around is in Lloyd’s body language, Lloyd so far has looked like a player who says he wants prove everyone wrong and really does mean it.

One swallow does not make a summer, Lloyd Macklin as said must take this pre-season form into the league programme, if he does then Lloyd Macklin is exactly the player the team missed towards the end of last season, and then great credit will go to both Martin Ling and Lloyd Macklin, and then it will be good news indeed.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

It speaks volumes that the fans have continued to back Lloyd despite not having seen much end product from him in the past 2 and a half seasons. It just goes to show how much potential we all know he has if he can put his skills to good use. Against Leeds, by the time he had made his first lung-busting touchline sprint, he had the entire pop-side chanting his name and encouraging him to do it again. Considering some players copped an unfair amount of abuse last season in the midst of a promotion battle, it seems ridiculous that this player who has spent 2 and a half years collecting splinters in his proverbial should be so whole-heartedly supported, but it just goes to show that we all know how much of an asset he can be to our team if he can perform consistently.

I really hope he can. He has been our brightest spark by a distance in each of the last two games and will quite easily make mince-meet of league two full-backs if he can continue to perform to that standard. Managerial and motivational masterstroke from Lingy and fair play to him for apportioning credit when it is due, credit also to Lloyd for taking the blunt criticisms in his stride and using them as a stick to prove us all wrong. I also think having Bodin in the team will encourage him to continue his rejuvenation - they seem to be close friends relating back to their time together in the youth ranks at Swindon.

Definite starter at Fleetwood in my team.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

A good decision by Ling in my opinion, Lloyd has shone in the friendlies and has shown ML, ST, the fans, the whole club that he has got so much potential and skill. I hope Ling's verbal kick up the backside has worked and we will see Macklin in the first team, respecting his footballing career and respecting Martin Ling, the supporters and everyone at TUFC.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

well done Lloyd , grab the bull by the horns and show us all what we have been missing, we all know you have got it, its time too strike fear into those defences and put yourself in the shop window.
Rifty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Rifty »

Seeing as its Lloyds birthday tomorrow, I could think of worse presents..
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I hope that we have another Muzzy scenario on our hands. When a pace merchant gets a footballing brain and some discipline to go with it we will have another bright prospect.

More Ling management in evidence.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I noticed last night at exeter that Macklin now appears to have earned the respect and support of his team mates which is so important in a team which clearly all want to work for one another.