Where has the OS gone??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Louis wrote: I know!! (geek alert!)

It's because the DNS name servers of the torquayunited.com domain were updated once the bill was paid for the domain. Every ISP updates their DNS cache at different timescales so for example a BT customer may see the new location quicker than a Virgin customer. The timescales usually vary from between 1 minute and 48 hours but I have seen later.

Hope this makes sense but I speak from experience when moving this site from one server to another, same thing really.
This site has become the model of consistency (almost a Phil Lloyd?) since then Louis, Gawd bless yer..

I didn’t experience any outage of service with the OS. So paying over the odds for BT finally paid off then!
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Ours is down for me but other clubs, e.g. Bristol Rovers are fine.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Never mind the official site - where has the other forum gone - has Dave finally been carted off to the loony bin or something. Seems to have disappeared?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Still there Brucie. Seems to have liked the torquayfans url though.. :P
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I didn't know that the nickname of Phil Lloyd among the senile delinquents - which was Mr. Consistency - was known away from the confines of the back of the pop. side (half way line).