"Yellow Brick Road"

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

"Yellow Brick Road"

Post by happytorq »

Last week I saw a piece on the OS about the yellow brick road - the idea was that you could pay £25 to have your name and a brief message engraved on some kind of brick at Bristow's Bench. This seemed ideal for me - an exile - so I emailed Dean Richards to ask about it (I also told him the TUFC should do a USA pre-season tour!)

I got a reply pretty quickly (less than a day, which given the time difference is pretty good) and I was told to keep an eye out for updated info on the OS. (also, no USA tour unless I can find sponsors)

When I looked the next day there was no new article but the original thing I'd looked at had been changed - the price was now £30.

A little while after that I got an email from Natalie (the new lady, even though the name on the email address is still "Paul") saying that I could go into reception to pay or i could send a cheque. I replied - probably a little bit curtly, tbh - saying that I live in the States, which is just why I wanted to do this, so how could I get to reception? Also, it's very doubtful that any cheque I send would be accepted, what with it being all foreign and stuff, so I wanted to know if I could phone with a credit card number.

It's been a week and no reply. Anyway, I don't know how many enquiries they will have had about this but they could probably have put a bit more information on the site. Raising the price was a bit..naughty, but not a big deal, especially.

I'm not going to send a follow up email asking them how I can give them my money - I'm happy to pay them for this and even though I want it I'm not going to chase them for the privilege.

anybody else trying to get one of these?
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I also saw this on the OS a few days ago, I am interested in getting one of these onto Bristow's Bench, I think it's a great idea!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

According to the story on the OS you can pay with card, http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Spons ... 40,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It also says, "We have already had huge interest, so please include your name and message in the e-mail. If you have already sent an e-mail, please resend with your name and short message of no more than 20 words."
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

PhilGull wrote:According to the story on the OS you can pay with card, http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Spons ... 40,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It also says, "We have already had huge interest, so please include your name and message in the e-mail. If you have already sent an e-mail, please resend with your name and short message of no more than 20 words."

oooh they changed it again on tuesday. booo. :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I've emailed the club tonight about getting one. Anyone else got one yet?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Tq2Yellow »

Sent my email bout 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing back, thought it was an ideal way to give a little extra to club and have lasting link!
:keepie: :goal: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

I called up and bought mine a couple of weeks ago. Polite and efficient lad on the phone; paid with a debit card no problems.

I did think the £5 hike was a bit sneaky though Mr Candy! :whip:
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Unexpected hike in the cost of bricks my friends ! Still great value though.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Got a prompt reply this morning about this and i shall be ringing the club later this week with my details and to pay for my yellow brick! Very happy with the service.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.