Craig Stanley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Apparently stanley is off to Aldershot
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

If O Kane leaves, maybe, but if he stays, I dont see where Stanley fits in to our team, and doubt he'd come to be back up
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:Loo Town
Don't use the ones at Kenilworth Road.. =D

(Only joking! As I remember, somewhat surprisingly, the toilets were actually not at all bad compared with many football grounds').
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If we hadn't signed Easton, then there would have been a role for Stanley.

But we have, and there isn't.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Stanners will not join Luton unless it is the only offer on the table, and McDonalds aren't hiring. Aldershot sounds much more likely. He did want to come here though, but that door was shut the minute Easton's signing was completed.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would quite happily have both Stanley and Zebroski back at Torquay, particularly Zebroski who has always done really well for us. He is a level above any wide players that we have so would definately improve the team.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i find it funny that we often criticise Buckle on here for having a small contacts list (amongst many other criticisms), yet some people are obsessed with bringing back former players. I say lets move on, forget the past, because the future ML is building looks pretty damn good to me. if you genuinely love TUFC and want to play here, don't naff off in the first place, and don't come crawling back when you realise the grass wasn't greener after all.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

brucie wrote:I would quite happily have both Stanley and Zebroski back at Torquay, particularly Zebroski who has always done really well for us. He is a level above any wide players that we have so would definately improve the team.
He's signed for Aldershot anyway.

Zeb will most likely follow Buckle. From the outside it looks like you've got a much better squad now than when you got in the playoffs the year before so don't know why you'd have him back.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

blueboy wrote: He's signed for Aldershot anyway.

Zeb will most likely follow Buckle. From the outside it looks like you've got a much better squad now than when you got in the playoffs the year before so don't know why you'd have him back.
Zeb's has always been good for us and was both a hard worker and a consistent performer. However we've moved on and young Bodin whilst maybe not the finished article has all the attributes to be a better player for us in the future as he has, in my opinion, the greater technical ability. Time will tell whether he (Bodin) progresses beyond L2 level which in all honesty is Zeb's level. Personally I think Bodin will eventually go higher .... hopefully part of it with us!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Zebroski is too good to go non league - suggesting that we should not consider Zebs because he chose to go to Bristol Rovers is nonsensical - it was a good move for him, more money and closer to his family. Hopefully the goal that he scored against us last season will have stuck in Lings mind.
he would still be a great signing for us
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

blueboy wrote:Apparently stanley is off to Aldershot
Confirmed.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... Shots-move" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TUST member 203
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Zebroski is actually the exact player to complete our first 11 (after the CB we're bringing in). It doesn't have to be him, but I don't think any of Stevens/Macklin/Morris/Halpin/McPhee/Craig/Jarvis are consistent enough to play well week in, week out. If we could shift McPhee on, and bring in a starting right sided forward/winger, then we'd have a very strong first XI (assuming the CB is decent and O'Kane stays).
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Gulliball wrote:Zebroski is actually the exact player to complete our first 11 (after the CB we're bringing in). It doesn't have to be him, but I don't think any of Stevens/Macklin/Morris/Halpin/McPhee/Craig/Jarvis are consistent enough to play well week in, week out. If we could shift McPhee on, and bring in a starting right sided forward/winger, then we'd have a very strong first XI (assuming the CB is decent and O'Kane stays).
Just because players have been inconsistent, doesn't mean they always will be. They go through bad and good spells for various reasons, they can improve, their very inconsistency can sometimes be enough to unsettle opponents and put them off guard. Much will depend upon their other talents and skills, and their potential, and how players blend together as a squad and as a team.

Obviously we need a centre back to replace Mark Ellis. Another goalscorer would be nice, and a couple of fast players on both wings. But I'm happy to wait and see how things work out with the present incumbents. Have every faith in Mr Ling, he's doing an excellent job, and I'm looking forward to another exciting season, hopefully with bigger attendances at games..
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Southampton Gull wrote:Loo Town

Thanks. :nod:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Regiment wrote:i find it funny that we often criticise Buckle on here for having a small contacts list (amongst many other criticisms), yet some people are obsessed with bringing back former players. I say lets move on, forget the past, because the future ML is building looks pretty damn good to me. if you genuinely love TUFC and want to play here, don't naff off in the first place, and don't come crawling back when you realise the grass wasn't greener after all.

Hear Hear. My sentiments exactly. Same with Branno. Should have stayed when he was offered a contract. Craig Stanley was all set to sign, but decided the grass was greener in Bristol. Seems it's not. :red:

Billy B is a different matter. He wanted to stay in the first place. Only the idiot PDC who stopped him.

Seems we are getting, what looks to be, a decent squad together. I love Lingy.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."