Byron Anthony?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Seems that Artell may be going to Port Vale, which would make sense for him as he won't have to move.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

NickGull wrote:Seems that Artell may be going to Port Vale, which would make sense for him as he won't have to move.
Yep, it does sound very much as though Artell is joining Port Vale and should be announced tomorrow. If he was a traget, then we know that Lingy has been talking to two out of a potential four targets ... so here's hoping the other one is even better.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Yep. I have a feeling two of them have gone elsewhere though (Tunnicliffe - Stockport), (Artell - Vale). One of the other two probably is Byron Anthony (which I'd still be quite underwhelmed by) but I'm intrigued by the fourth target. From a glance at the PFA list, I think it'll be any of:

Dean Holden
Clarke Carlisle
Magnus Okuonghae
Mark Arber
Luke Foster

Out of those my personal favourite would be Okuonghae, but I think he'll get a League One club, much like Adam Lockwood did.

Should we expect any news in the next couple of days?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

NickGull wrote:Yep. I have a feeling two of them have gone elsewhere though (Tunnicliffe - Stockport), (Artell - Vale). One of the other two probably is Byron Anthony (which I'd still be quite underwhelmed by) but I'm intrigued by the fourth target. From a glance at the PFA list, I think it'll be any of:

Dean Holden
Clarke Carlisle
Magnus Okuonghae
Mark Arber
Luke Foster

Out of those my personal favourite would be Okuonghae, but I think he'll get a League One club, much like Adam Lockwood did.

Should we expect any news in the next couple of days?
Okuonghae is tipped for championship clubs - quite how I don't know as I remember him being dreadful for St Albans in the BSP but there you go.

Carlisle is past it for me, and maybe also Arber although he wouldn't be too bad. I think I'd prefer Arber over Anthony. Dean Holden I always had down as more of a full back.

Foster seems to have had a bit of a nomadic career, which wouldn't rule out a west country move, but I still think it will be Anthony.

Although just to throw a curveball in there, Lingy did do quite a bit of scouting in Scotland, and he said he wanted a 100+ appearances sort of guy but never said in what league..........
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Jeff wrote:Okuonghae is tipped for championship clubs - quite how I don't know as I remember him being dreadful for St Albans in the BSP but there you go.

Carlisle is past it for me, and maybe also Arber although he wouldn't be too bad. I think I'd prefer Arber over Anthony. Dean Holden I always had down as more of a full back.

Foster seems to have had a bit of a nomadic career, which wouldn't rule out a west country move, but I still think it will be Anthony.

Although just to throw a curveball in there, Lingy did do quite a bit of scouting in Scotland, and he said he wanted a 100+ appearances sort of guy but never said in what league..........
Carlos Bocanegra is available from Rangers!!
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Do we know for sure that it will be a free agent. I reckon we could be spending a few pennies. 30k or so can get you a good experienced CB. id rather pay for someone than anyone on the free list.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Of course we don't know for certain whether we have made any sort of offer to David Artell but judging by this article it sounds very much as though he is off to Port Vale.

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/st ... tory.html?

Edit: I see Artell has now signed for Port Vale (so we can cross him off the list) along with Richard Duffy from Exeter, who was another one I was hoping we might have been talking to. A couple of decent signings by Port Vale, for sure, they look to be building a decent squad there I reckon.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

some of the points above could well be correct. first there was four, now there's two :-

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 85,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brady

I Wish I Was There