Byron Anthony?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote:I'd personally be very surprised if Anthony is top of lings transfer targets for cb. He doesn't seem to go for the obvious so maybe he'll surprise a few people.
hoping we can do better - but in Ling we trust!

Incidentally - have you guys strengthened much and is Carayol staying?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Richinns wrote: hoping we can do better - but in Ling we trust!

Incidentally - have you guys strengthened much and is Carayol staying?
All quiet really. We did sign a 19 year old midfielder Noburn from Leicester yesterday. We had him on loan last season under Buckle but his confidence was shot after he started him then bought him off after 25 mins. Think he's very much just a squad player and one for the future.

Had 2 bids for James Constable turned down a month or so ago, not sure if we'll come back in with a third bid, personally I wouldn't go above the 150k we had rejected. He also wants to bring back the loanees, Bolger & Parkes from Leicester, aswell as Lund from Stoke.

Muzzy wants out, Tony Mowbray has confirmed he's a target for M'Boro but they can't agree a fee. Think they've bid around 200k, we want around 400k, I'd imagine a deal will be struck sometime in August for around 250k.

We won't set the division alight, but with a few new faces I can see us possibly being on the fringe of the playoffs, no more. With the squad you have I honestly think you have a great shout of being top 3, barring a major injury crisis.
northyorkshiregull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benyon

Post by northyorkshiregull »

I have been told that we are talking to David artell ex crewe.anyone know anything about him
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote: All quiet really. We did sign a 19 year old midfielder Noburn from Leicester yesterday. We had him on loan last season under Buckle but his confidence was shot after he started him then bought him off after 25 mins. Think he's very much just a squad player and one for the future.

Had 2 bids for James Constable turned down a month or so ago, not sure if we'll come back in with a third bid, personally I wouldn't go above the 150k we had rejected. He also wants to bring back the loanees, Bolger & Parkes from Leicester, aswell as Lund from Stoke.

Muzzy wants out, Tony Mowbray has confirmed he's a target for M'Boro but they can't agree a fee. Think they've bid around 200k, we want around 400k, I'd imagine a deal will be struck sometime in August for around 250k.

We won't set the division alight, but with a few new faces I can see us possibly being on the fringe of the playoffs, no more. With the squad you have I honestly think you have a great shout of being top 3, barring a major injury crisis.
There was too much expectation on Rovers last year - at least 90% of your fanbase thought you would walk it. When things did not start that way the pressure built and built and eventually the inevitable happened. Suspect you will be there or there abouts this year as things seem far more stable now.

Here at little old Torquay - we have no expectations and no pressure. The squad we have under the guidance on Mr ling should see us safe and anything on top of that we view it as a bonus. Think the year will be overall a greater quality so top 3 will be harder to achieve.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

northyorkshiregull wrote:I have been told that we are talking to David artell ex crewe.anyone know anything about him
Solid defender. Was hoping Rovers might be in for him tbh. Think he'd be a good signing.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

northyorkshiregull wrote:I have been told that we are talking to David artell ex crewe.anyone know anything about him
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 893&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whilst many highlight Artell's lack of pace, most Crewe fans seemed saddened to see a good servant leave the club: 'David Artell can count himself particularly unlucky in terms of recent performances and his general leadership overall. He is respected, clearly loves the club and has lead by example, never more so than playing with a broken bone to get us up a league.'

He certainly has plenty of League Two experience, and his heading ability makes him a seemingly ideal candidate. I do wonder, though, if he'll be keen on a move to Devon having thus far ventured only as far south as Mansfield in terms of permanent contracts during his 14-year career.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Artell was surprisingly released by Crewe after captaining them to their Play Off success. Absolute rock at the back, a real leader and a very very good header of the ball who also weighs in with quite a few goals. He is very much in the Branston mode and would be joining us at a similar age (31) to when Branno did and I don't see why he couldn't have a similar impact. Artell and Saah would make a good pairing and certainly would cover the loss of Mark Ellis' ariel ability as Artell must be one fo the best in the League in that department. Downside, I believe, is that he is not the quickest, but I think with Saah to cover in behind him, they could make an excellent pairing. Certainly quite a few Crewe fans were disappointed to see him leave after the season he had just gone.
Spagull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by Spagull »

Shrewsbury on loan is even further south! :na: :na:

May be wrong but didn't he miss their playoff or get injured during it breaking a bone in his foot?
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

My personal number 1 choice for what we need.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

blueboy wrote: All quiet really. We did sign a 19 year old midfielder Noburn from Leicester yesterday. We had him on loan last season under Buckle but his confidence was shot after he started him then bought him off after 25 mins. Think he's very much just a squad player and one for the future.

Have I misread this, or has no one else noticed?
You are suggesting a Championship club want Mustapha Carayol and you are hoping to receive four hundred thousand pounds in return?
That. Is. Amazing.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

We won't set the division alight, but with a few new faces I can see us possibly being on the fringe of the playoffs, no more. With the squad you have I honestly think you have a great shout of being top 3, barring a major injury crisis.[/quote]

Have I misread this, or has no one else noticed?
You are suggesting a Championship club want Mustapha Carayol and you are hoping to receive four hundred thousand pounds in return?
That. Is. Amazing.[/quote]

Correct! We turned down a bid in Jan from Barnsley for around 150k, then again this summer from another championship club, believed to be Derby for just under 200k http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 01,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .They've now signed Michael Jacobs from Northampton.

M'boro have publically stated their interest http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/bo ... -31289470/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

As I said we won't get 400k, I'd imagine it will be around 250k + a sell on. Lincoln also have 20% if I'm not mistaken. We're likely to accept the lower bid because he only has a year left on his contract.
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Blueboy, I too was struck dumb by the notion of Muzzy as a Championship player, but of course for him, Middlesborough is taking him a step closer to London.......before we know it he'll be joining a club in the Faroe Islands on his way to the capital city.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

stratfordgull wrote:Blueboy, I too was struck dumb by the notion of Muzzy as a Championship player, but of course for him, Middlesborough is taking him a step closer to London.......before we know it he'll be joining a club in the Faroe Islands on his way to the capital city.
:lol: he'll get there one day!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Solid defender, would be a quality signing!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.