Michael Poke returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Kernowgull wrote:I remember him dropping a cross 4Years ago. Hes no Bobby Olejnik thats for sure.
Are you Brucie in Disguise!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Wisconsin_gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mr Chappell

Post by Wisconsin_gull »

Thrilled to bits by this news... is the beginning of the elusive consoldation ....
At the kerb halt - look right - look left -look right again - if all clear quick march!
knh31667
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: dave caldwell

Post by knh31667 »

i would give a big thankyou to kenny veysey and possibly martin rice who probably had a hand in advising m.l having already worked with him.....good team effort
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Very good signing! As I've mentioned previously I'd much prefer him at the gas than Bevan. Apart from his dodgy kicking he was great for us when he played last season. I get the impression though you won't get a full season out of him due to niggling injuries.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

blueboy wrote:Very good signing! As I've mentioned previously I'd much prefer him at the gas than Bevan. Apart from his dodgy kicking he was great for us when he played last season. I get the impression though you won't get a full season out of him due to niggling injuries.
Sorry Blueboy, got to laugh at what you just said.

You mentioned Bevan and dodgy kicking in the same paragraph and the two weren't linked! Lol!

As you can guess, we're chuffed to bits with this signing.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

SteveDeckchair wrote: Sorry Blueboy, got to laugh at what you just said.

You mentioned Bevan and dodgy kicking in the same paragraph and the two weren't linked! Lol!

As you can guess, we're chuffed to bits with this signing.
Lol Poke might not get much distance on his kicks but he's better than Bevan. He's got the strangest technique and ice comes back on the ball from his drop kicks :lol:

Poke is definitely one of the best L2 keepers when fit.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Excellent news! Things are looking up. Well done, everyone.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Totally, utterly, completely delighted at this news. Welcome back Pokey!!! :bow:
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

If Eunan decides to stay the spine of the side is looking pretty strong, bring on the new season
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Bloody great signing, absolutely thrilled, Poke is in my opinion the best we could have hoped for. I remember going to Bury at the end of the 2009/10 season(1st may to be precise). Bevan was out injured and Poke had an injury but had no sub keeper, he played the entire match through the pain barrier and Nico took the goal kicks it was that bad, but he helped us preserve our clean sheet record, albeit it carried on to the next season, we won the match 3-0 and ended Burys playoff hopes, great atmosphere we even had the congo after Rendells injury time goal. The point being he is dedicated, hard working and a nice guy.
Lucy