Has O'Kane Gone Yet?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Lee Mansell ‏@manse7
I'm delighted @eunan10 is staying but gutted I won't be taking corners and wide freekicks, would have been like the old days @kevnicho3 hehe
kevin nicholson ‏@kevnicho3
@eunan10 you could never leave me and @manse7 and the legendary film nights!! Good news mate, see you in a couple of weeks!
This one is a rather beautiful one, retweeted by Eunan.
ben harris ‏@benleedsfan85
@eunan10 just to let u know your a shitty league 2 player n no one cares
We have to play these inbreds in a few weeks...
Last edited by cambgull on 28 Jun 2012, 18:14, edited 2 times in total.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Andovergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee mansell

Post by Andovergull »

:scarf: By the banter that is passing back and forth it's like he has never been away.
Glad he has turn down Crawley and really hope he stays here
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Flipping brilliant. Give us another year please.
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... awley-move" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy days!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Fantastic news if he is staying, does make me think though are the board happy with this one, where they banking on 175k coming in and now it(hopefully) ain't. Is the the 380k we have received enough to move to our new training ground, pay for the BB etc etc.
Lucy
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Would have been foolish of them to plan things with that money, until we actually had it. The BB is budgeted for anyway so these transfer fees will go towards the training ground, aswell as Lingy seeing some of it.
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

Apologies for going off topic, but royal's asterisks when describing Crawley reminded me of a quite good joke:

The Pope is sitting on a plane and passing the time by doing a crossword.

He turns to the aide sitting next to him and says: "I don't think I've got this one quite right. Clue is four letters, female, last three letters u, n, t."

The aide says: "Aunt".

The Pope says: "Oh, of course. Got a rubber?"
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

BernardB wrote:Apologies for going off topic, but royal's asterisks when describing Crawley reminded me of a quite good joke:

The Pope is sitting on a plane and passing the time by doing a crossword.

He turns to the aide sitting next to him and says: "I don't think I've got this one quite right. Clue is four letters, female, last three letters u, n, t."

The aide says: "Aunt".

The Pope says: "Oh, of course. Got a rubber?"
Could somebody explain that one to me please..? :| o:)
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Here's the alternative view.

Better to get the 175K now and find a replacement than lose Eunan in two weeks, two months or midway through the season for the same figure and the replacement list is considerably shorter.
TUST #324
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Does anyone know if he has actually said "I want to stay at TUFC next season" or if he has just said "I don't want to join Crawley"? If it's the former then I think a new contract needs to be sorted ASAP. If it's the latter then I would still expect to see the likes of Swindon and Crewe sniffing around.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... nan-okane/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hahahahaha! :rofl:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Fine by me, so let's see, it's £175k to Crawley and what shall we say ....£500k (everyone happy with that?) to Bristol Rovers then. Let's do it ......

"O'Kane's current deal runs for another two years, but he is allowed to talk to higher division clubs who match the 'release' valuation." Western Morning News 13.06.12

I'm sure that nice Mr Higgs would be more than happy to do business with us again! :-D
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

I'd say it's very unlikely to happen. Don't shoot the messanger but from what I've heard there has been contact and your board are not against selling him, infact they seem pretty keen.

We've had a bid of £150k rejected for Constable so the money is there as we received 250k as part of the Lambert deal when Saints got to the prem.

IF somehow he could be tempted, maybe you'll see someone coming in the opposite direction.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

blueboy wrote:
IF somehow he could be tempted, maybe you'll see someone coming in the opposite direction.
Not Zebroski again ......... :@. How many more times, Lingy doesn't want him back! He's your problem now! :~D
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

blueboy wrote:I'd say it's very unlikely to happen. Don't shoot the messanger but from what I've heard there has been contact and your board are not against selling him, infact they seem pretty keen.

We've had a bid of £150k rejected for Constable so the money is there as we received 250k as part of the Lambert deal when Saints got to the prem.

Even if all that was true (which I severely doubt) why would he be tempted by a club which finished significantly below his current employees? He is looking to progress his career not take a step back. Also - until you get your new stadium your current pitch is hardly beneficial to his game.

If you claim you could pay him more than us - then that will not wash as financial reward is not a big factor in his next move – he wants the right choice to progress upwards.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/