Capital One Cup - Leicester City at Plainmoor

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I can see Fleetwood v Forest getting on there, but I would say that ours is a more attractive tie than Argyle v Pompey.

Any idea on the date of the game? Some are suggesting it's the weekend of 11/12, and others the midweek dates 14/15 August. I don't really have a preference, but just wondered as I would assume all the ties will be the same.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Very happy with this and the outside chance for us to be on sky, although I also agree Argyle v Pompy will get it sadly.

Still, great test to start the season with. With all the money Leicester put in, they hardly took the league by storm. Should be a great opener and possibly a full house.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Will be week commencing 13/8/12-probably the 14th but either us or Argyle may be asked to play on 15th as both at home( Greeks home as welll to complicate matters).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Nope, it'll be Fleetwood, yet another nothing, Ryman Premier side with more money than is good for them, the gullible public brought up on too much Disney and not enough News at 10 will swoon at another 'plucky minion' doing well, without giving a seconds thought to WHY they might be doing well.

They fell for it with Cheaty, they'll fall for it again with Fleetwood.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

ferrarilover wrote:Nope, it'll be Fleetwood, yet another nothing, Ryman Premier side with more money than is good for them, the gullible public brought up on too much Disney and not enough News at 10 will swoon at another 'plucky minion' doing well, without giving a seconds thought to WHY they might be doing well.

They fell for it with Cheaty, they'll fall for it again with Fleetwood.

Matt.
Agreed - without question this will be the game TV picks.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

There are always 2 games chosen. I agree Cheatwood V Forest will undoubtedly get the first spot. It's the 2nd spot that i'm interested in, and can't see(aside from the Pompey sob story) why the Argyle game would be a better draw. You have a side who are in L1, travelling to a struggling L2 team, or you have the underacheiving money bags of Leicester away to a team who just missed out on promotion.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Leicester (H)
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Rach
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Rach »

Leicester is pretty good for us!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Away would have been better but it's a good draw at home i suppose. If it is a draw do we get a replay at the Walkers?
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

we are not on tv...!!

amazingly neither are fleetwood v notts forest or plymouth v pompey.

they have decided that oldham v sheff weds is obviously the highlight of the draw. the other game is swindon v brighton.

no replays in league cup......
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Would have preferred Leicester away, but having a club like Leicester to be up against is great nevertheless!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:Would have preferred Leicester away, but having a club like Leicester to be up against is great nevertheless!

Have to disagree with you Danny on rather having them away. Yes, an away tie at a stadium like Leicester's would have been good, but it would have been played in a mostly empty stadium, be a bit like Southampton last year, possibly 3-4,000?

On the plus side, we have the chance to put on a upset with Plainmoor, hopefully packed and we can put on a good atmosphere too. A nice introduction to open Bristow's Bench to competitive football.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Anyone reckon they might move this to the Saturday?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

The only reason i preferred them away is because i work near Leicester and would easily be able to get to the game. As it stands now i can't go. It's obviously a lot better financially for us being at home so i'm pleased with it.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Been on the Leicester fans forum(must be bored) and they are buzzing getting us, more so as its a good overnighter for them. So based on that alone expect a packed away end£££..One the match itself some are saying its easy but others are a bit sceptical, but personally I think its a great draw and if they do play fringe players, it will be a very open match. COYY
Lucy