Fixtures for 2012/13?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Fleetwood first up, not sure if this is good or bad. Might get on Sky though ala Wimbledon last season.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

away to fleetwood thats a good un!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

first saturday home game, rochdale!! lets hope yr not going to westward ho!!
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 18 Jun 2012, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

full list here

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Fixtu ... 45,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

exeter and plymouth around xmas, dons home new years day
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 18 Jun 2012, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
HeavenAndHele
First Regular
First Regular

Post by HeavenAndHele »

Very pleased with that, last season I couldn't make a lot of the big fixtures, this season I'm not working for any of the Devon Derbies and Bristol Rovers at home on the final day should be good too.
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

Both Sh!tty games are with in just over a month of each other, home on the 22nd of December and then away on the 26th January

Matt
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Tough start - Fleetwood away! Could really not get a harder one than that! (Debut in football league - media spotlight etc etc)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Ouch!

Really, really tough start away from home in the first couple of months. To have to face, Fleetwood, Port Vale, Rotherham, AFCW, Chesterfield, Wycombe and Bristol Rovers away before even October is out is mighty tough. We quite literally seem to be up against all the favourites for promotion on their own patches at the start.

If nothing else it means we must be ready and for that reason I hope some of these proposed moves happen sooner rather than later so that Lingy can rebuild the squad, where necessary, in time for the start of per season.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Looks good to me in terms of Westcountry games. Aldershot, Cheltenham, Oxford and Rovers away all on saturdays, no evening games there at all. Plymouth away on boxing day 4 days after Exeter at home should be fun. Rovers at home on the last day should also be a cracker. Exciting stuff.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

You should definitely be on sky then. I wonder if they'll switch your first game to a Friday night?

What a cracking end to the season! Let's hope we both have something to play for then.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I bloody hope not. Fleetwood's a trek on a Saturday never mind a sodding Friday!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Keep the Fleetwood game to the saturday, i'll be severely pissed off if it is moved as i can get to Fleetwood on the saturday and very much looking forward to it. I just hope it's a nice sunny day beside the seaside. I'll resist the temptation to spend the day in Blackpool as i might get distemper so i'll just go straight to Fleetwood. Can't wait.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

bixieupnorth wrote:first saturday home game, rochdale!! lets hope yr not going to westward ho!!
:clap: No Westward Ho! this year Bix, but am off to Florence on Wednesday for 6 days (hoping for Italy v England quarter-final to set up an interesting evening in a Florentine bar) then last two weeks of July am going to Lake Trasimeno near Perugia in Umbria where I used to work (all this time off is one of the advantages of being self-employed!). So no Leeds United or Stoke City for me, but back for the one that counts. Rochdale .... at Home!

Perfect way as well for Martin Ling to secure the August League 2 Manager of the month award with a third win of the month against Rochdale .... at Home ;-)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Buzzing! I think the fixtures are fantastic. A lot of good away trips to look forward to as well! :)

Fleetwood away first, Cheltenham(shire) at home second game, City H 22nd Dec, Argyle A boxing day, Aldershot and Cheltenham(shire) away on a Saturday, just a handful that I'm looking forward to! :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.