Bodin back to Torquay!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Brez60gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Brez60gull »

Welcome back Billy you were missed once you left. We all know that you will improve in our side and hopefully you will be even better than your loan last season. Go and get us 10 goals this season and take some pressure of the Strikers. The squad is nearly complete but we still need as already stated another CB and a decent quick Striker.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Welcome back Billy and well done Lingy!! Things are looking good.
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

This is a great signing and goes to show the ambition of the manager and the board. It is not a gamble because we all know what he can do. Anyone at Gresty Road last season will know just what he will bring to the side. If we can replicate that sort of football we will be a force to be reckoned with.

The injection of pace will be crucial, Lingy will know how to get the best out of him and I believe he is equally adept in a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1. He has a lot of potential which places him above L2, i trust both the manager and the player to see him fulfill it.

Well done Lingy for being patient and waiting for your man, I can't wait to see him back in the yellow next season. We are building an impressive squad, one centre-back away from being a hundred times stronger than last season's.
tattooedjackass
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by tattooedjackass »

Great signing more that happy with how the squads structure is coming together.
My Life To Live!
COYY
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

At the moment I'm still jobless and completely strapped for cash, what did i spend it all on? a season ticket, and it is looking like a hell of a good investment! The way things are now, we're securing the long term future of the club, have a new grandstand to bounce chants off, and it looks like we're making one hell of a push for promotion! even better, we have Argyle and City in the same league to show what we can do, and if this squad performs as it should, we can do great thyings.

Thanks Lingy/Baker, great effort! Welcome Billy.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Do we class this as Atieno's replacement or another option to play on one side of Howe? Still think we need to add another out and out striker to the squad along with another defender and then aslong as we dont sell anyone that should be the squad ready for the season. Very happy with this signing aswell.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Welcome back Billy. This is good news.

Remains to be seen whether Mr Ling sees Bodin as a forward or midfielder. I still think we need another striker, perhaps a young lad on loan if the budget allows. I can't see us signing another one permanently now? We obviously need that centre back still but that could be it, I reckon.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

I think Jarvis is Atieno's replacement to be honest. If we continue to play 4-5-1- which i fully endorse, then Jarvis as a partner, or back up Howe is fine. I think we signed Jarvis last season as a bit of extra fire-power to see us over the line, didn't quite work out.

In any case Bodin is so versatile than he can switch between winger, forward or the role in behind the striker, i think another striker would be a little bit excessive and confuse matters. I am keen to see Yeoman given his chance, there must be something to him for him to be offered a contract, and he didn't look completely out of place in the little pitch time he got. For me, Centre-back is where we need to throw our remaining budget at.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

bengull wrote:I think Jarvis is Atieno's replacement to be honest. If we continue to play 4-5-1- which i fully endorse, then Jarvis as a partner, or back up Howe is fine. I think we signed Jarvis last season as a bit of extra fire-power to see us over the line, didn't quite work out.

In any case Bodin is so versatile than he can switch between winger, forward or the role in behind the striker, i think another striker would be a little bit excessive and confuse matters. I am keen to see Yeoman given his chance, there must be something to him for him to be offered a contract, and he didn't look completely out of place in the little pitch time he got. For me, Centre-back is where we need to throw our remaining budget at.
Going by what Ling said on the BBC Website we only need a defender and then thats the squad set for the season then. Aslong as no one leaves obviously.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

bengull wrote:For me, Centre-back is where we need to throw our remaining budget at.
Not all of it..!! :~D
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

AlexGulls wrote:Do we class this as Atieno's replacement or another option to play on one side of Howe? Still think we need to add another out and out striker to the squad along with another defender and then aslong as we dont sell anyone that should be the squad ready for the season. Very happy with this signing aswell.
I suppose that Ling must see Yeoman as a more viable prospect as a forward than he did Atieno. After all it was Yeoman who got another deal, whereas Taiwo did not.

If Yeoman can rediscover some of the youthful form that saw him make the first team at 16, and score something like 12 goals in 15 games for Bideford, then it could be another piece of shrewd business.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

AlexGulls wrote: Going by what Ling said on the BBC Website we only need a defender and then thats the squad set for the season then. Aslong as no one leaves obviously.
Mental. If Howe gets injured we have absolutely no out and out striker replacement. Neither Jarvis or Bodin are actual strikers. If we are lining up with Jarvis up front on his own that would worry me more than playing Atieno.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Torquay United have had an increased bid for Swindon Town attacker Billy Bodin accepted by the League One club.

Last week Swindon rejected an offer from Torquay believed to be in the region of £40,000 for the 20-year-old Wales Under-21 player.

The clubs will not disclose the fee but Swindon will be entitled to a share if Bodin is sold on by Torquay.

Bodin is expected at Plainmoor on Wednesday to have a medical and agree personal terms.

"He had other clubs interested in him, but the two clubs have come to an agreement on a figure that both clubs feel is fair," Ling told BBC Sport.

"It's been an ongoing saga, but Billy's always been my number one target.

Billy Bodin
•Born 24 March 1992
•Played 44 senior matches, scoring eight goals
•Son of former Wales international Paul
"If Billy moves on to be the top quality player that I feel he will be Swindon will share in the profits of his future success."

Bodin has been at the County Ground since he was 12-years-old but was told by boss Paolo Di Canio that he could leave the County Ground after the club brought in Tommy Miller, Gary Roberts, Andy Williams and James Collins.

He scored five goals in 19 appearances during a loan spell at Plainmoor between August and January last season.

He was also on loan at Crewe earlier this year, and the League One side have also expressed an interest in signing him.

Torquay have money available after bringing in around £400,000 in transfer fees from the sales of goalkeeper Bobby Olejnik and centre-back Mark Ellis.

And Ling says with Eunan O'Kane rejecting a move to Crawley Town his squad for the forthcoming League Two campaign is almost complete.

"Billy strengthens our front three, playing on either wing, down the middle or the top end of our midfield.

"The flexibility within our squad with O'Kane staying and Bodin on board is massively good and better than it was last year.

"Eunan's said all along that he hasn't got a problem with Torquay, he wants to play for Torquay, but if the right offer comes along he will have to consider it.

"He didn't think that Crawley was the right move, I'm delighted by that, but I'm also apprehensive that we have the transfer window open until the end of August and I think the O'Kane situation will be ongoing.

"We just need a defender to fetch us up to a 24-man complete squad in my opinion."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18672525" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Wow. I'm Flabbergasted. My flabber has never been so Gasted. I really didn't see that coming. I honestly thought that he would go where the money was and Crewe were favourites in my eyes. It seems he see's us as the family he wants to belong to. And I can see Paul Bodin sitting in the stands watching if not working for us. One happy bunny here in Brissle. That should shake up the Gargs, Rovers, Excretia a little. A settled team with quality ready to fire on all cylinders. I can't wait. Shame I have to go into Hospital some time and miss a load of games. wonder if i can get things re arranged. Maybe have the op done inTorquay. Roll on the season. Let's give em hell!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bearne1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Zebra

Post by Bearne1 »

Tufc - I love you.

The end.