Bodin back to Torquay!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Gullscorer wrote: Disagree; £5000 is £5000. It's about time the Gulls became tough negotiators, if they haven't already. £70k is quite enough, particularly if there's a sell-on clause, and is about what could be expected at a tribunal, taking everything into consideration..

I agree that 70k is enough especially with a sell-on clause. What I meant was, if Swindon are demanding £75,000 and Lingy really wants him, we may as well give Swindon the extra 5k. Swindon may accept the 70k bid with a sell-on clause, but if they are stuck with that 75k price, I see no harm in bidding for Bodin at that price, if Ling really wants to sign him.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Don't know how much substance there is to this, but there are murmurings among Swindon fans that Bodin Senior may also leave the club. I wonder if he might follow Billy to Torquay..
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Doesn't Geoff Harrop do this role?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

PdC says he is close to coming now as well, he then goes on one of his rants!! He also suggests that his dad wants to come as well but that might just be his English being mis-understood.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/spor ... _is_close/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Oh dear! Reading that you would have to believe that there is no future for either of the Bodins at Swindon Town!

Clearly PDC is irked by what he sees as Bodin snr being the man who is pushing young Billy our way whilst still being on the payroll as head of their youth dept. While it also appears that Bodin snr is not impressed with the way young Billy has been treated by the club over not being included (or at least not being told he wasn't) in pre season training.

It would seem the sooner this deal gets concluded the better for all concerned and in all honesty I am surprised that Swindon Town are hanging on for what seems to be just a few quid extra when it's pretty clear that there is some friction between the warring parties at their end. You have to wonder what might happen if we refused to play ball and up our offer again leaving the Bodins high and dry at a club where they are now being treated as outcasts?

As for Paul Bodin, surely there is no future for him there now either, I'm sure Lingy would love to bring him here too but unfortunately don't see a role for him here either unless someone is moving on?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Tell Di Canio to go feck himself. He is a lunatic. If it is true that we have offered 70k for Bodin then that is more than a fair price. There are plenty of players as good as Bodin around. Take Zebroski for eg - cheaper and probably more effective.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Tell Di Canio to go feck himself. He is a lunatic. If it is true that we have offered 70k for Bodin then that is more than a fair price. There are plenty of players as good as Bodin around. Take Zebroski for eg - cheaper and probably more effective.
..and one sniff out of place from being locked up. Would take Bodin everytime.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Happy days... it's all coming together nicely.

If we can sign a first-choice CB and another striker, I will be heading to the bookies for a piece of the 20/1 they are offering on us for the title.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Yee hawww. Back of the net!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Things are looking good! Decent CB and look out!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Am I right in thinking we now have 3 current U21 internationals. Bodin, EOK and i'm guessing the 3rd being Craig?

Well I never.
TUST #324
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Delighted with this one - welcome back aboard Billy! Exactly the type of player we needed in the second half of last season, and certainly a far more worthy use of 70k than the last time we payed that sort of money for a player (Leon Constantine who's a free agent after 'ripping up' the Conference North with Boston, scoring an incredible no goals in nine games).

I think we might start the season with Howe, Bodin and Jarvis as our strikers, and only see another come in on loan if there's injuries. May well be wrong though.

Just one experienced CB away from a very exciting squad.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

numpte wrote:Am I right in thinking we now have 3 current U21 internationals. Bodin, EOK and i'm guessing the 3rd being Craig?

Well I never.
Yes and how much could those three bring into the club in transfer fees over the next few years if they continue to improve.

Not forgetting, of course that in Tom Cruise we also have a former England U20 international, Ian Morris has played for Eire U21s and quite a few years back Craig Easton represented Scotland at U21 level too...... oh, and Nico has played for the England 'C' team as well !!!!! :rofl:
Last edited by CP Gull on 03 Jul 2012, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Bodes well for the future. Looking back over the past few seasons, things just get better and better. New grandstand, new training ground before long, and another exciting season ahead.

Worth a small bet on the Gulls for promotion..