2012/13 season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

2012/13 season

Post by bixieupnorth »

well we now know almost all of our opponents next season, today york booked their return to the football league after a short absence, next weekend cheltenham and crewe will sort out the last remaining promotion spot that we managed to let slip, agonisingly, through our sweaty grasp

so the division will have a definite southern bias for once, our travelling costs will drop noticeably, and hopefully the average crowd will surge by several hundred, thus boosting our income dramatically. derbies v exter and plymouth will certainly sell out, the bristol rovers game similarly. the interest which should be sparked by the opening of bristows bench should add a fair few to the first few games of the new season?

added to that the prize money from a 5th placed finish, a large fee for the inevitable departure of eunan o'kane should see our balance sheet turn a nice profit

i cant wait for it all to start again, a couple new grounds to visit, rotherham and doncaster especially will be a treat for me being sheffield based

so heres the list of opponents in full:-

devon derbies
Exeter City
Plymouth Argyle

west country rivalries
Bristol Rovers
Cheltenham Town ?

midlands (ish)
Oxford United
Port Vale
Burton Albion
Northampton Town
Crewe Alexandra ?

its a london thing
Southend United
Wycombe Wanderers
Dagenham & Redbridge
Gillingham
Barnet
Aldershot Town
AFC Wimbledon

the grim north
Rotherham United
Fleetwood Town
Chesterfield
Bradford City
Morecambe
Rochdale
Accrington Stanley
York City

so if chelts make it thru its only 8 really long trips next season
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 20 May 2012, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

Crewe Alexandra are hardly in the North, Gresty Road is only 20 minutes from Port Vale.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

geographically amended stokie!
still keeping the faith
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoke_Gull »

I'm really looking forward to next season, hopefully we should add a few hundred onto our attendance figures what with Bristow's bench being opened and the possibility of a bit of cash to get some new players if O'Kane departs. All being well we could be looking at challenging for automatic promotion again.

If Crewe go up then I can only see myself making it to 5 games max. Although If I go to university that number will be reduced to 0 most likely. Pleased that York have made it back to the football league after 8 years away, looks like their days at Boothen Crescent are numbered however after the announcement of a new stadium which is supposedly going to be ready for the 2014/15 season, design is below if anyone's interested, doesn't exactly thrill me.

http://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news.php?id=3378
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

at least they've still got floodlights!!

guess it'll be miles from station, altho we cant really talk about that can we?? bootham crescent must be worth millions if they can build on it being so close to york city centre
still keeping the faith
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoke_Gull »

True bixie, it's great when you go to a new ground and you see the floodlights towering over the surrounding landscape. Better than looking at a bland stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Apparently it's going to be part of a massive retail park scheme, as you say it will most likely will well out of town. They'll be sharing it with some Rugby team in York.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Stoke_Gull wrote:True bixie, it's great when you go to a new ground and you see the floodlights towering over the surrounding landscape. Better than looking at a bland stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Apparently it's going to be part of a massive retail park scheme, as you say it will most likely will well out of town. They'll be sharing it with some Rugby team in York.
it will be on the monks cross retail park development extension on the outer ring road.

although the locals arnt happy!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

Thank heavens, somebody north of Bradford (itself a 2 hour+ drive south), phew! :~D

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i love these maps of football clubs locations, cant wait for this one to be updated!

http://billsportsmaps.com/wp-content/up ... -map_h.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this site has some very interesting ones

http://billsportsmaps.com/?category_nam ... h-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith