Typical Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Typical Torquay

Post by lucy6lucy »

Blowing automatic promotion, losing the 1st leg with a whimper...well most teams/fans would start putting nails in the coffin and look forward to next season, BUT this is Torquay always expect the unexpected. Everyone has written us off and this is where we thrive, I honestly feel we will do it on Thursday. We need Danny Stevens running the flanks like a whippet, please play atieno/jarvis up front and lets get behind the lads. This scenario is identical to what we did to Shrewsbury last year. COYY :clap: :clap: :clap: Anyone share my thinking?
Lucy
Gazzableedsgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by Gazzableedsgull »

It was typical Torquay in a sense that we dont do anything the easy way, however we have to play alot better! i do believe we are a better team when Danny is playing so i hope we have him back :)
Dreaming Of Promotion ..
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure how it's indentical to what we did at Shrewsbury, the boot was on the other foot we lead 2.0, and went their for a 0.0 result and got it.

As said on other threads, we have no choice but to have go, and if we go down, well lets go down fighting, I would hate to walk away from plainmoor Thursday thinking we had not given it our best shot.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

over the years we do seem to have gained a reputation amongst our own for fading away at the final hurdle, and not rising to the big occasion, witness colchester when we got relegated, crawley in the fa cup, exeter play off semi 2nd leg, the fa trophy final, stevenage at OT last year. wether this is justified or not i'm not sure. my dad, 72 bless him, says its typical torquay and that we always threw things away when he was a regular in the 60s. he no longr goes but remains under the impression that we will continually wobble at the very wrong times.

on the plus side we've done the barnet, crewe, won a play off penalty shoot out at wembley, beat southend to win promotion and of course the cambridge game that got us back into the league again

on the balance i would say we possibly get let down more often than not?? but thats why we're all torquay fans at the end of the day, we're always involved in something or other!!
still keeping the faith
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Please can someone convince me to make the effort and go?
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Go or I'll give you a slap :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Louis wrote:Please can someone convince me to make the effort and go?
How can you count yourself a fan if you can't be arsed to go to such a potentially important game?

Come on Louis, you know it makes sense to go!
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Well I meant someone convince me to go through all the pain. I'm not very hopeful.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Louis wrote:Well I meant someone convince me to go through all the pain. I'm not very hopeful.
If Dave s/g is not at the match, their will be no pain.. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I am going.