Western Morning News/Tickets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Craney TUFC11
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Western Morning News/Tickets

Post by Craney TUFC11 »

In today's Western Morning News, reads ' Thursday's second leg is not all-ticket on the Popular Side terrace, but it is in the Family Stand, where United still have some seats left'

Firstly I thought to myself great no need to make an unwanted trip to Plainmoor to get my ticket, as to my knowledge it was definitely an all ticket game. Secondly, I thought no cant be and then I thought oh no not another ticket disaster from TUFC. So I phoned the club as I am yet to get my ticket for the game and read out what it said in the paper and the lady said that what is in the paper is correct. So I said I will just pay on the gate, to which she said you must purchase a ticket. I know I am being pedantic but my point is that WMN should not say that it effectively is not all ticket in the pop because this could lead to some one just expecting to turn up at the ground and get in, which you physically cannot do.

Also cannot see it even selling out as Family Stand has not even sold out yet. And can also see the club deciding to allow you to pay on day like Southend which would also cheese off supporters who have made that unwanted mid week trip to the ground. Finally could not believe that season ticket holders are not guaranteed a ticket for the game if they dont make a trip to the ground and get their ticket, I know they had a priority sale but you cant always get to plainmoor. Sorry for bringing up the same old story.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i could be wrong, but is it not just a case of physically buying a ticket from the ticket office prior to heading for the turnstile ?? meaning you can't just hand cash over at the turnstile, you have to arrive at the turnstile ticket in hand ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What's confused me , you say the lady in the ticket office said the W-M-N was correct, which was the popside is not all ticket, she then said you have to buy a ticket, that does not make sense, and sounds like the lady in the ticket office is confused as to whether is game is all ticket or not.

Got my tickets so not concerend, for those who have not, Mr Candy, hhheeelllppp.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Oxford do that all the time i.e, no cash on turnstiles.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Craney TUFC11
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Craney TUFC11 »

I believe Regiment is correct, sorry for the added confusion. Just thought I would highlight it to ensure people do not make the mistake of believing it is not all ticket on the pop when in fact it always has been all ticket and still is.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

it's only all-ticket in the family stand, not on the pop. you just can't hand over cash at the turnstile, you need to get your ticket from the ticket office, and will be able to do so on match day. thats how i read it anyway.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Hi Guys,
I hope this clarifies the situation and does not make it worse!

The Family Stand is all ticket as it has been all season due to limited seats being available. We currently have about 40 left. You can get a ticket by phoning the Club or making a visit. These will probably be all sold out by Thursday evening although sometimes the odd single seat remains.

The Popside is NOT all ticket at the moment so it will be possible to pay cash on the turnstile . You will be given a ticket by the turnstile operator so that we can control the capacity in the stand.Alternatively, you can purchase a ticket in advance or on the day through the usual channels. There are plenty of tickets left for the Popside so unless there is a mad last minute rush it will not be all ticket and the Club will happily accept your cash.

Fans wishing to purchase a ticket using a debit/credit card will have to get a ticket from the Ticket Office.
The OS will give updates on the ticket sales.
Any problems, please contact me on my work [email protected]
Regards,
Andrew
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by chippygull »

Very good of you to take the trouble to come on here and put things straight, Andrew!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oliemarles »

Anyone know how we are doing on the old ticket front? How many we sold in pop and Family?

(Note: If discussed else where mod feel free to move)
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
robbotufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by robbotufc »

Think the Family Stand is nearly sold out,but there are still plentyful for the popside, going for a 3,820 crowd for this
thursday night with a 1-1 score so its league 2 footie next season for us... :@
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oliemarles »

Just making sure I can go up on Thursday and get my ticket for the pop side, always though Family would sell out! I'm going 2-0 TUFC and extra then penos then who knows...
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

yes mate, stop doing my head in everyone, there's tickets aplenty! Andrew candy has posted that pay on the turnstiles IS available but recommend either buying one in advance or ordering one to pick up on the day

please don't panic about bloody tickets
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

can we amalgamate all these ticket threads into one called ' a feckwits guide to buying tickets for a game that won't sell out anyway' please?
still keeping the faith
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Andy says there will be separate cash & ticket turnstiles on the Popside to try and avoid any unnecessary waiting so maybe worth getting tickets beforehand