McPhee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Bring him on, see what happens. He scored a cracker against Nike Academy (I think), wasn't brilliant against one other side (can't remember which, but the one at home recently that wasn't Nike Academy). Played a blinder at Plymouth too, he's bloody brilliant really, and would definitely be an asset with his delivery and eye for a finish. If nothing else, he'll be willing to have a pop from 20 yards, and the chances are, the keeper will need to be sharp, at the very least.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

The shape will not change, the team will not change with the excepetion of Stevens back in the team. I would suggest that Ling will actually go with Jarvis up front in Howe's position with Morris and Stevens out wide. I would personally go 4-4-2 but I don't see Ling doing that he will stick with the formation and players which have got us this far.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Your right Mav, and it would be the right approach, yes an early goal would be fantastic for us, give them an early goal and we are dead and buried, so their is no need for us to go on the charge of the light brigade from the off.

Agreed at some point in this game we will have to attack on all fronts, however to do that, first you have give yourself the chance by not letting one on slip up the other end.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i guess this answers the question :-

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 86,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"It will be a choice between Atieno and Ryan Jarvis who can play that lone striker role........"

the boss basically says tai OR jarvis. then again, that might just be for cheltenham's benefit, and come kick off, we start 4-4-2.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

"Lone striker"

Oh no, I hope not.

I spoke to someone earlier and said i think there are two ways Ling will go

1 - play it tight and make sure they dont score and bank on us scoring at least two

2 - go all out, get the wind up them and scare them into losing the game - more risky but hell what have we got to lose?

Unfortunately i think that he might go with the former.

Foolish in my opinion. If it's 0-0 after 30 or 60 minutes the crowd will go dead quiet and who will be more edgy then?

Be bold and maybe play the joker in someone like Craig - again what have we got to lose?

If we go for it, Cheltenham won't know what to do, whether to stick or twist and that's when we'll be able to turn the advantage and if we play it tight we'd have to drastically change our ability to score goals (which was only good in the second half against Hereford when we threw caution to the wind).

Si