Can we do it?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Can we do it?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Can we do it?

Post by tktufc91 »

Simple question. Can we pull back the two goal deficit and get ourselves to Wembley? Will be tough but I still think we can do it.

What do you think boys and girls?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Yellow Tree
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Yellow Tree »

YES WE CAN!!!!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

heart says yes, head says no. i think we'll beat them Thursday, but by three goals, i'm not sure. BUT, get an early goal and it's game on, so i'm going to say YES - COYY !!!!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I have voted yes, but it is more in hope than in anticipation. All we can do is get behind the lads and hope for an early goal for the Gulls. To be honest if get one back before half time then the hope will become more real. The longer the game goes on the more likely it is that heads will drop, and Cheltenham will just play out the remaining time slowly.

Funnier things have happened, but not regularly!
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Of course we can! Whether we will or not is another matter though........

One goal on Thursday and the whole tie changes. Cheltenham get nervy and we grow in confidence, spurred on by the magnificent Yellow Army.

We get a late equaliser to crush Cheltenham's hearts and then romp home in extra time. The atmosphere at Plainmoor is electric and we all go home with an enourmous smile on our faces, thinking of our return to the Green Man pub and a noisy march down to the stadium. Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

You heard it here first folks!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I refuse to roll over. Before this thread started I was thinking that the general mood of the Torquay fans was to give up and roll over. It felt like we had descended into a downward spiral of hopelessness. Even before Cheltenham had scored their first goal our usual brillant Yellow Army of singers were quiet and lacked any fight. I have been dismayed by our players being described as "appalling" and "lazy". These descriptions seem unfair. I expect some will think I am "delusional", but I like to focus on what a player has done well. No football player controls every single ball that is blasted at them. The home crowd should be an advantage but I am fearful we will be nervous and transfer our feelings to the players. Please dont let this happen and let us all unite and have one almighty push at giving our best support and encoragement to ALL our players. Muster up as many drums and flags as we can!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I've voted no.

I just can't see us scoring three goals.

Of course, nothing is impossible, but we as a team look totally spent. Our only decent forward is out for the season now, and his replacement doesn't look like he could score three goals (based on yesterdays showing).
If we can boss the midfield on Thursday, and allow O'Kane and Manse to get forward then maybe, just maybe we could nick a goal and get the team pumping, the fans pumping and move forwards a la City yesterday.....however that in itself is a big ask - when was the last time we looked like scoring two goals, let alone three?

Anyway, I'm off to take my pessimistic self off to lunch.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

Sorry to be negative BUT there has only been 1 or 2 occasions when a team losing 2-0 from the first leg of the play offs has come back, also going into the game knowing the GULLS have not won by more than 1 goal since the Burton game and a long time before that, does not help.

Must throw everything at them in the first 20 minutes - if we score, game on. If we conceed, at least we have gone down fighting....110% please lads !!!
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

Why does everyone keep saying "we have to score 3 goals"? We only need 2 goals to take it to penalties and i'd take that right now!
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by coley in stripes »

The question should have been 'Will we do it'........Of course we could do it but unfortunatly there is no evidence to suggest that we will
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

coley wrote:Sorry to be negative BUT there has only been 1 or 2 occasions when a team losing 2-0 from the first leg of the play offs has come back,
Well we (TUFC fans) know of at least ONE occasion that it happened, don't we! Leading 2-0 from the home leg against PNE we ended up losing the 2nd leg 4-1 (aet) ... although we were of course cheated out of it by Paul Raynor pretending to have been thumped in the face and a weak referee.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Yes we can chelts weren't that good.

COYY
lovinthatsurf
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: mansell

Post by lovinthatsurf »

can we fix it?? yes we can !!
we are down ..( not literally ) but not out! we can do this....2 goals at plainmoor...we should sail it on a yellow sea lol just keep Mc predator marked and hopefully its finals for us ...Again..im keeping the faith
in vino veritas
fallaces sunt rerum species
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Nah
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Yes of course we can, anything can happen on the night!

Have faith get behind the lads and lets give it a real go!