World Football thread

General chat about anything else goes here.
Plymouth Gull

World Football thread

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Why not? Talk about any other football you're interested in here. I think this is a good idea too actually, creates more awareness of the game outside of England.

For example, granted it's a big game, but if anyone else is watching the Europa League final, they'll be seeing a striking masterclass from Falcao. One stunning goal, one well-taken goal too.

Go go go..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Atletico are a good side and that finish was sublime.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Bilbao ain't half bad either - trying to play it on the floor well. I think this has been a great game to watch so far! Didn't realise Diego Simeone was Atletico manager though! Hadn't heard anything of him for years - since the Beckham WC 98 incident!!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Another good goal there. Feel for Bilbao as they have been dominant since half time. I tell you though, some of those young Bilbao players will go far. They have looked quality.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good thread Nick, i'll be chipping in on a regular basis when i can. Can't comment on the Europa final though as i've not had chance to watch any of it yet. Bilbao have impressed me though every time i've seen them and their manager is a real talent too. Bielsa i think he's an argie.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I saw your other comment Andy, and thought it'd be a good idea! ;-)

If you do get a chance to watch that, it was a quality game. It was the first time I've sat and watched Bilbao and I was impressed - Madrid just kept Llorente quiet all night and were very clinical - which is what you get with Falcao. One of the best finishers in the game.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I saw your other comment Andy, and thought it'd be a good idea!
If you do get a chance to watch that, it was a quality game. It was the first time I've sat and watched Bilbao and I was impressed - Madrid just kept Llorente quiet all night and were very clinical - which is what you get with Falcao. One of the best finishers in the game.[/quote]

If the thread bombs then i'll blame you then Nick! :lol:

Only joking mate. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Thoughts on the England squad?
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

NickGull wrote:Thoughts on the England squad?
My thoughts on the England squad can be summoned up in one word.

Meh.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

That's 14. ;-)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Anyone keeping an eye on the preliminary rounds of the CL and Europa League? There are some real shockers in there but hey, each country has a right to a team representing them in Europe no matter how small they are. Salzburg suffered a shock 1-0 away defeat away to Luxembourg minnows Dudelange but we'll waste them in the return at Wals-Siezenheim no worries. Then hopefully we'll be in with a chance of qualifying for the group stage proper. TNS had an amazing draw at home to Swedish stalwarts Helsingborg too.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I follow Lokomotiv Moscow, I went to a few games whilst I was over there, Zenit SP away, Dynamo Moscow derby, Spartak at home, amazing support, real ultras with a designated singer who stands before the stadium and conducts the fans so much so that he doesn't watch any of the match.

They've made a couple of decent signings Corluka and Pavlyuchenko (again), Loko are also strongly linked with Adebayor which is interesting as they're not too keen on Black players over there.

If anyone has seen those Danny Dyer football factory documentaries then you can begin to imagine what Russian football is all about. It's great fun, but you can give me Plainmoor anyday!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Not foreign news, but Gillingham have sold their keeper to Saints, for a large fee apparently.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

NickGull wrote:Not foreign news, but Gillingham have sold their keeper to Saints, for a large fee apparently.
£2.5 m

Another team in League 2 who will have a large wedge for a tilt at promotion
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Is that the confirmed fee?