In hindsight, thankyou Southend?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

In hindsight, thankyou Southend?

Post by lucy6lucy »

Winning at Hereford would have still condemmed us to the playoffs, and lets face it, that would have been more sole destroying winning last Saturday to find it meant nought. So on that basis I was quite pleased to see Southend pip us to 4th place!! I never wanted Crewe in the playoff semi and probably like most of you. So in some kind of strange way losing Saturday(as it would have still put us the playoffs) was not all that bad. I 100% fancy us to progress against Cheltenham, yet had we played Crewe I would not be so confident. I believe the 2nd half at Hereford gives be great confidence and we are due some luck, so why not as Ling states, save the luck and iffy decisions for the playoffs. Do you agree with this or would you prefer to have played Crewe? :scarf:
Lucy
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Agree with you 100% Lucy and a most sensible observation and at least you are not trying to pick the team as on other threads - strangely that is the job of the manager and playing some 'Football Manager' computer game and winning everything until season 2153 doesn't qualify people for that - football fans will always have opinions, part of the enjoyment of going as we all see it differently, but we as fans should always keep our feet firmly on the ground and realise that we are enthusiastic but limited amateurs and that we have professionals doing what we are observing! ;-)
Stoke_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Stoke_Gull »

Personally I would have rather played Crewe. Possibly because Gresty Road is only 15 minutes drive away, well definetly because of that actually and because I thought we made them look very ordinary when we played them at Plainmoor a couple of weeks back, they didn't threaten the goal all that much and their goal was a result of some pretty sloppy defending and a ludicrous amount of time added on.

However I haven't seen us play Cheltenham this season and I know that we'll give it everything we've got, if that's not enough then so be it but as long as the boys do their very best on the pitch and play as well as I know they can do, I believe we have a real chance of getting to Wembley.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Stoke_Gull wrote:Personally I would have rather played Crewe. Possibly because Gresty Road is only 15 minutes drive away, well definetly because of that actually and because I thought we made them look very ordinary when we played them at Plainmoor a couple of weeks back, they didn't threaten the goal all that much and their goal was a result of some pretty sloppy defending and a ludicrous amount of time added on.

However I haven't seen us play Cheltenham this season and I know that we'll give it everything we've got, if that's not enough then so be it but as long as the boys do their very best on the pitch and play as well as I know they can do, I believe we have a real chance of getting to Wembley.
If thats the case save Crewe for the final :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Lucy
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Not sure why everyone wanted to avoid Crewe, current form over the last 6 games, Cheltenham I think have done better than Crewe, Cheltenham won 3 of their last 6, Crewe won only 2 of theirs.

However do agree, the performances for 75 minutes home to Crewe and the second half at Hereford should give some confindence, seen us play a lot worse than those 2 games and win.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

at the end of the day, the playoffs are cup ties, so the only important thing is turning up on the day and beating whoever you face.

i think cheltenham is a good "draw" for us, purely based on the distance for the players to travel. we always create a good atmosphere at cheltenham, and i'm sure the team will be up for it.

COYY !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Nail hit on head re cup ties, albeit the 2-legged semis and 1-off final are slightly different beasts.

The travel thing though cuts both ways so I can't see an advantage there.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I'm happy with Cheltenham, saw the game at their place and they didn't pose a lot of threat. With more to play for they'll likely go for it a bit more (or maybe bottle it to a greater extent), but with last season's play off experience hopefully we can see them off.