Time to back the boys

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Time to back the boys

Post by Richinns »

For what they have achieved this year - hero's, one and all.
With the amount of playing time most have experienced this year, the levels of performance and commitment is remarkable.

Think about it - start of the season and the major aim was league survival. We could be in Herford’s shoes but instead we have the excitement of the playoffs, safe in the knowledge that we will be playing league football next year with a great new stand a welcome addition to the club.

Time for the final push and lets get behind them - with no regrets about the last few weeks.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Completely agree. Time for the fu**wits, many of whom don't appear to go to any games, to shut up. As for the idiots having a go on Twitter, they are cowardly little pieces of dirt with whom I would love to have a face to face discussion about this.

We have a real chance to go to Wembley and to go up. The team have excelled this season, only anxiety and maybe a couple of injuries causing problems recently. What is the matter with the knockers, did they have a difficult childhood?
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

Gulls lost their 'bottle'. Before the Wimbledon game Lee Mansell stated something about the team 'having the boll*cks', well they have been well castrated !!...Anyone paying money to support the team is entitled to an opinion. Many feel let down by the team (3 out of 15 points) and excuses such as we have over achieved are not good enough, you deal with the situation you have made or found yourself to be in, and it wasn't dealt with....It's not a case of missing out iin promotion, it was the way that the team folded. Terrible situation to be in going into the playoffs
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:Gulls lost their 'bottle'. Before the Wimbledon game Lee Mansell stated something about the team 'having the boll*cks', well they have been well castrated !!...Anyone paying money to support the team is entitled to an opinion. Many feel let down by the team (3 out of 15 points) and excuses such as we have over achieved are not good enough, you deal with the situation you have made or found yourself to be in, and it wasn't dealt with....It's not a case of missing out iin promotion, it was the way that the team folded. Terrible situation to be in going into the playoffs
Again, total cobblers you talk. I went to Hereford, I was disappointed. I was also impressed with the fight back. "Terrible situation", what? How is getting to to play-offs "terrible"? Jeez, I completely despair.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

3 points out of 15 IS a teriible situation going into the playoffs - fact ! The pressure got to the team and they couldn't handle it - fact. It's irrelivant of how close a supporter that you happen to be, you must still be honest with the facts !!
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

coley wrote:3 points out of 15 IS a teriible situation going into the playoffs - fact ! The pressure got to the team and they couldn't handle it - fact. It's irrelivant of how close a supporter that you happen to be, you must still be honest with the facts !!
I don't think the pressure has got to them. I think they just run out of gas. We have such a small squad and none have them have really picked up any major injuries. How many times has a player from the bench started a game? Not many!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Coley, you seemed like a decent poster for a while but you are really talking rubbish now! If ours is a terrible situation, then what must you think of Portsmouth? Do you run out of superlatives by that point?

You sound like a man who's entire family just left him!

We're still in the play offs mate, its ok! We haven't got nuclear bombs heading our way or an unbeatable army coming over the hill. Lighten up a bit would you?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:3 points out of 15 IS a teriible situation going into the playoffs - fact ! The pressure got to the team and they couldn't handle it - fact. It's irrelivant of how close a supporter that you happen to be, you must still be honest with the facts !!
The "facts" are that this season we have gained 81 points, won 23 games, reached the play-offs. If that isn't good enough for you then feel sorry for you. Are you REALLY a Gulls fan, or just a wind-up merchant from up the road?
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Read my previous posts, that should answer your question.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:Read my previous posts, that should answer your question.
No, I won't let you get away with that. All you have done is set out an opinion based on an emotional reaction to losing and not going up automatically (unless you are trying to wind others up). See my other post, YOU ignore the FACTS and produce an opinion that is just that, an opinion. Please don't try to dress up your opinion as being in any way connected to the FACTS of how Torquay have done this season so far, because it ain't. The FACTS are that we have had a good season, have done better than predicted by most and are in the play-offs. Just stop now, will you, take your medication and reflect on the FACTS.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

That's rude and uncalled for. The gulls should have gained automatic promotion but 'blew it themselves' not due to other teams being better, if you won't accept that then that's your opinion...BYE
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:That's rude and uncalled for. The gulls should have gained automatic promotion but 'blew it themselves' not due to other teams being better, if you won't accept that then that's your opinion...BYE
I won't accept that, not at all. I'm afraid you have made yourself look very daft. BYE.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Obvious troll is obvious.

So Coley, how does it feel that your beloved red and white filth have been relegated? You'd have been relegated from the Conference this year the way you've played. I very much look forward to the next season, we'll either be above you by a whole division, or giving you a damn good thrashing both home and away.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

If you will read my last post on 'Form going into the Play-offs', you are answered there.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

And if you read my comment on what you said on "Form Going into the Playoffs" then YOU are answered mate. I am assuming ferrarilover is right, you are a troll. BYE.