WHICH PUB

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

WHICH PUB

Post by ROADRUNNER »

which pubs are the yellow army meeting at? its seems that the barrel in st owen street is a good pub or lichfield vaults in church street, any ideas?
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

The Barrels is a very popular pub due to it's ales. The Vaults is ok too. If you're coming by train and don't fancy walking into the city centre then The Merton is handy as it's about a 10min walk from Edgar Street, through the neighbouring graveyard, straight up Coningsby street, cross the road and Bob's your uncle (I'm biased since I go there a fair bit). I believe Torquay fans have also been to The Exchange before, it's not great there though to be honest. The Imperial is handy too, but can get busy on a Saturday afternoon.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

thanks hrg, seems to be a good choice, last time we went there we went to a pub in the town but cant remember the name, served food freindly people ,good beer. be nice to get some input from fans going up tommorow to see where most are going.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Is it best to park at Edgar st car park then walk back to town?
It's only a short trip for me in forest of dean, wish I knew best time to arrive to park etc
God I'm getting nervous
COYY
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hereford fan on the league 2 forum suggesting that both bars at the ground will home fan's only, as per their home match with Swindon.

Suggesting Old Harp pub 5 mins from the ground, any thoughts..Hrg..all.
Formerly known as forevertufc
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Hi Forever. The Old Harp is now called The Herdsman and is a bit of a dive. However if you're not fussed about decor and just want a pint it is convenient. *

Thinking about the Merton, sometimes the owner locks the doors if there is a big crowd headed their way, a few fans drifting in is no bother as I've spoken to Gillingham fans in there before.

The Heart of Oak is close to the ground. And there is The Exchange and JDs, neither are great but they are handy for the ground, just over the road from the Herdsman.

Regards parking Forest Gull Parking at the Ground or the Multi storey opposite is most convenient but will probably become busy.

I haven't been much help at all sorry!

*Edited because I saw the other forum post that Forever was referring to and I stand corrected regarding away fans at the Herdsman/Old Harp.
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Has anyone made a plan to go to a particular pub? If Herdsman is closest, that'll do me...
"Also, stands aren't sentient."