Chris Hargreaves wants a Hereford win...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Chris Hargreaves wants a Hereford win...

Post by tktufc91 »

Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I think it is more of a case he doesn't want Hereford to get relegated rather than Torquay miss promotion.

He even states that Torquay have 2 bites of the cherry through automatics and then play offs. He would rather see Hereford stay up and Torquay have another chance of promotion through the play offs. Also if Torquay win and Creepy win we are in the play offs any way he would rather see Hereford stay up.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I'm sure if he could back Hereford for the win and for Crawley to lose 10-0 then he would.

I wonder how this season would have turned out if the fans' choice of Hargreaves was given the job last summer?
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Surely you can all see exactly why he has said what he has. He's being interviewed by the HEREFORD Times, of course he 'wants a Hereford win'. If DT at the HE interviews him, he'll 'want a Torquay win'.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

stevegull wrote:I'm sure if he could back Hereford for the win and for Crawley to lose 10-0 then he would.

I wonder how this season would have turned out if the fans' choice of Hargreaves was given the job last summer?
We'd have been champions by mid Feb, setting a new League record for the amount of points. In my rational, unbiased opinion anyway, but nobody can prove different :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

And how are we going to do that with him locked in your basement, Jane?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Furkin traitor! :)
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

obviously the playoffs is the best way to go up financially for the club itself, an extra game at plainmoor and a bumper (hopefully) crowd at wembley would bring much needed cash into our coffers

how much would we get for finishing 3rd, rather than 4th or 5th, would this outweigh the extra money the playoffs would bring, need to factor in souvenirs that would be sold, profiot on club run coaches etc

the downside
a)that it could all go wrong and we could lose in the semis or at wembley.
b) the cost to us fans at a time when most of us are having to trim our expenditure as the country is drained dry by our merciless ConDem coalition govt.
c) the nerves we'll have shredded by three extra matches added to our season

to conclude, autos please, hereford have had 45 other games to get the points needed for safety, we've been there, it really isnt the end of the world, had a few good trips to non league matches, new grounds, pubs and towns to visit
still keeping the faith
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

bixieupnorth wrote:as the country is drained dry by our merciless ConDem coalition govt.
Sorry for going off-topic and I know you're a northerner Bixie, but I think you'll find it was Labour that spent all the money. We are now suffering because of them.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

SteveDeckchair wrote: Sorry for going off-topic and I know you're a northerner Bixie, but I think you'll find it was Labour that spent all the money. We are now suffering because of them.
To keep this off-topic:

:nod:

I can't believe how short-sighted some people are. Labour put us into this mess, all the while saying "look how well we're doing" until it crashed. Left to the coalition to sort it out, and they have been left quite a mess indeed.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can see this getting moved to the Popside once Emet reads the last few posts :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Southampton Gull wrote:I can see this getting moved to the Popside once Emet reads the last few posts :)
May I suggest you could offer up the alternative option SG. Move Emet to the popside and keep this thread here,
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843