Leeds United pre season game at Plainmoor

General chat about anything else goes here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I do that religiously every summer, the cider is awesome.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Southampton Gull wrote:I do that religiously every summer, the cider is awesome.
Dave you barstewrd I am missing home now. It's 90 today and it is hard as hell to find and good cider here.
Wobblehead
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Wobblehead »

usagullmichigan wrote: Higherwell is a great place right near the village of Stoke Gabriel where I am from and my parents live. Stay there and go to Hunts cider farm just down the road.
Thanks, is there a bus from here to Torquay, or would the friendly owner offer transport to and from the game if I spend too much time in Hunts????? ;P
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Theres the Stoke bus which is Stagecoach. It will take you into Paignton where you change for Torquay, in Torquay you then have to change for Plainmoor. It's a pain in the butt but worth it.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

BTW at Hunt's get the rough.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

usagullmichigan wrote: Dave you barstewrd I am missing home now. It's 90 today and it is hard as hell to find and good cider here.
:lol:

I love the place mate. Parkers at the end of the road for a roast if I want one, Sainsburys around the corner for the shopping and Hunts on the doorstep and an easy drive to Plainmoor for a few friendlies ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Ladies and gentlemen I have just been out and got some cider. It's expensive here though.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I stay here quite often, not the cheapest around but only a 10 minute drive to the ground and the owner is a Torquay fan. Decent facilities but no bar, if you want somewhere friendly and easygoing you'll enjoy it there.

http://www.higherwellfarmholidaypark.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stoke Gabriel is a country village on the River Dart and it's over nine miles from Plainmoor, and a bit more than a ten minute drive unless you exceed the speed limits. The buses (no. 25) run every one and a half hours and the last bus back from Paignton is at 17.43. The game kicks off at 19.00..! Stoke Gabriel is a great place for a holiday, but there are campsites around Torquay, much more convenient for the game:
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townl ... wn=Torquay" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Except for the Kingsteignton site listed, which is almost as far as Stoke Gabriel, you can get a reasonably priced taxi from these sites to and from the ground. And you can get a 31 bus from the top of Barton not far from the Kingskerswell Road site, through to Westhill Road a short distance from Plainmoor.
FameAsser
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Helen Chamberlain

Post by FameAsser »

Hello chaps and chapettes.

Super Leeds United fan here, local celebrity, you might already know me, i'm quite often on TV on shows such as Deal or no Deal, that cheap BBC It's A Knockout knock-off or maybe even Driving School?

I'm sure you're all aware of the man, the legend Dave Woolin.

Just wondering if you guys will be laying on some special facilties for celebrity fans such as myself?

I know you have a new stand which looks lovely and accommodating, assuming it'll be fun of Leeds anyway so I probably won't have much trouble?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

FameAsser wrote:Hello chaps and chapettes.

Super Leeds United fan here, local celebrity, you might already know me, i'm quite often on TV on shows such as Deal or no Deal, that cheap BBC It's A Knockout knock-off or maybe even Driving School?

Just wondering if you guys will be laying on some special facilties for celebrity fans such as myself?

I know you have a new stand which looks lovely and accommodating, assuming it'll be fun of Leeds anyway so I probably won't have much trouble?
What a knobba!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

The only celebrity Leeds fan is Rob DJ
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

FameAsser wrote:Hello chaps and chapettes.

No, because I doubt you're smarter than a 10 year old!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Lads, some of these Leeds fans are coming on here because they believe we are easy to wind up, right now we are begining to prove them right some what.

Chill out, this is going to be like no P-S-F we have seen before enjoy it.. :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote:Lads, some of these Leeds fans are coming on here because they believe we are easy to wind up, right now we are begining to prove them right some what.

Chill out, this is going to be like no P-S-F we have seen before enjoy it.. :-D
Not wound up at all. Just funny that the bloke comes across as a right knobba! As many as we can fit in as possible for me - its all money in our pockets and PSF don't count for diddly!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
FameAsser
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Helen Chamberlain

Post by FameAsser »

WE DON'T LIKE YOUR GROUND
WE'LL BUY A NEW ONE